Rise and shine! This straightforward, savory Zesty Tomato Smoothie is sort of a wholesome, nutrient-rich vegan smoothie recipe to wake you up within the morning. With flavors paying homage to an alcohol-free Bloody Mary, this tomato smoothie recipe shines with shiny flavors and highly effective diet. Wealthy in lycopene—because of an entire can of tomatoes within the recipe—this vegan gluten-free Zesty Tomato Smoothie is a superb snack, post-exercise drink, and light-weight breakfast. With a contact of almonds, inexperienced onions, jalapeño, lime, and herbs, this yummy tomato smoothie pops with shade and taste. Whiz up an entire batch for meal prep—pouring them in mason jars with lids—for per week of wholesome consuming.
You’ll be able to watch the recipe video from Tomato Wellness right here.
Zesty Tomato Smoothie
Complete Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 servings 1x
Food plan: Vegan
This straightforward wholesome vegan Zesty Tomato Smoothie is full of shiny flavors and highly effective diet.
- 1/3 cup almonds, slivered
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- ½ cup plant-based milk, plain, unsweetened (i.e., soymilk)
- 2 inexperienced onions, chopped
- ¼ jalapeno
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon contemporary cilantro (or 1 teaspoon dried cilantro)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ice cubes
- Place almonds in a dish, cowl with boiling water, and soak for about quarter-hour, till softened. Drain water.
- Whereas almonds are soaking, place tomatoes with juice, plant-based milk, inexperienced onions, jalapeno, lime juice, cilantro, black pepper, and ice cubes in a blender container.
- Place the soaked, drained almonds to the blender, and course of till easy (about 2 minutes)
- Pour into 2 massive glasses (about 1 1/2 cups smoothie per glass). Get pleasure from instantly, or refrigerate in air-tight containers to take pleasure in later.
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Class: Smoothie
- Delicacies: American
- Serving Dimension: 1
- Energy: 204
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 58 mg
- Fats: 13 g
- Saturated Fats: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 9 g
Key phrases: wholesome smoothie, vegan smoothie, tomato smoothie
I like my Nutribullet for creating so many plant-powered meals, from smoothies to cashew cream and hummus! Get 15% off your order for Nutribullet merchandise by clicking right here.
For different plant-powered smoothies, attempt these recipes:
Strawberry Banana Chia Smoothie Bowl
Purple Energy Blueberry Smoothie
Excessive Protein Tremendous Inexperienced Smoothie
This put up might comprise affiliate hyperlinks. For extra info click on right here.