A couple of years again I shared this unbelievable almond flour banana bread and it obtained TONS of rave evaluations from AK readers. After that, I figured it was time to attempt one other model that was simply as unbelievably scrumptious. So I set out on a quest to make a banana bread that tasted precisely like a fudgy brownie. It turned out even higher than I may’ve imagined and has rapidly turn into probably the most widespread fast breads on Formidable Kitchen!
That’s proper everybody, this wholesome chocolate banana bread actually tastes identical to a fudgy brownie and also you’re going to wish to bake it up ASAP. I used to be blown away the primary time I had a slice, after which instantly ate one other one topped with peanut butter + a sprinkle of sea salt.
Yep, it’s that good.
What makes this chocolate banana bread wholesome?
Conventional chocolate banana breads are typically filled with oil and refined sugars, making them nearly like a wealthy cake. Don’t get me incorrect, I really like a superb slice of cake, however I needed to loosen up this chocolate banana bread to make it an exquisite snack, simple breakfast or perhaps a more healthy dessert. What makes this bread extra nutritious? It’s:
- Oil-free: that’s proper, this wholesome chocolate banana bread is deliciously moist with out having any extra oil.
- Naturally sweetened: with simply ripe bananas and pure maple syrup. Darkish chocolate chips add an additional contact of sweetness — be at liberty to make use of no matter model you want.
- Gluten, grain & dairy free (and paleo): as a result of this bread simply makes use of almond flour + cocoa powder because the dry components and 0 butter or different kinds of dairy.
- Full of wholesome fat: almond flour additionally gives a superb quantity of wholesome fat to maintain you feeling happy once you benefit from the bread for breakfast or as a snack.
Elements in wholesome chocolate banana bread
This unbelievable grain & gluten free chocolate banana bread recipe is of course sweetened, decrease in carbs and made with wholesome fat. I really like how nourishing it’s because of almond flour, simple to make, and completely good for all of my chocolate lovers. Plus, it’s deliciously moist and filled with loads of chocolate chips. What’s life with out chocolate? Right here’s what you’ll want:
- Overripe bananas: be sure to make use of bananas which have a lot of brown spots on them. This can give the bread a pure sweetness.
- Eggs: the eggs preserve this chocolate banana bread tremendous moist and fluffy. I haven’t tried it with flax eggs however let me know in case you give it a shot.
- Pure maple syrup: you’ll simply want a little bit of maple syrup in order that the bread is completely candy. Date syrup would additionally work nicely. I might not advocate utilizing honey because it may trigger the bread to burn.
- Vanilla extract: just a bit vanilla makes an enormous distinction in baking. For those who’re out it’s also possible to use a splash of bourbon. Discover ways to make vanilla extract right here!
- Almond flour: we’re utilizing effective, blanched almond flour on this recipe to maintain it gluten & grain free.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder: this provides the bread that wealthy chocolate taste.
- Baking staples: gotta have each baking soda and salt.
- Darkish chocolate chips: is there something higher than bites of chocolate in each slice? Be happy to make use of dairy free chocolate chips, too.
- Fancy sea salt: I really like sprinkling just a little fancy sea salt on high of every slice. Optionally available, however so scrumptious!
Suggestions for making this banana bread
Listed below are a few of my finest ideas for guaranteeing your gluten free chocolate banana bread comes out good:
- Observe the recipe. One of the best ways to make sure the success of this wholesome chocolate banana bread is to comply with the recipe and use the precise components as written. I haven’t tried this bread with totally different flour substitutes, so I’m undecided how the bread would prove when substituting them.
- Use overripe bananas. Utilizing bananas which have LOTS AND LOTS of brown spots and are very tender will assist preserve this banana bread each candy, completely moist and scrumptious. Belief me.
- Use recent baking soda. In case your baking soda is older than 3 months, I counsel grabbing a brand new one for finest baking outcomes.
- Get pleasure from it the following day. Banana bread is all the time finest the day after it’s baked, because the sugars launch the bread will get sweeter!
- Add your fav mix-ins. Be happy so as to add in 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans for added wholesome fat!
Flip it into muffins
You may completely use this gluten free chocolate banana bread recipe and switch it into muffins! Right here’s find out how to do it:
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or use muffin liners. To be protected, I all the time spray the within of the liners too.
- Put together the batter as directed, then divide evenly between liners.
- Bake for 18-23 minutes at 350 levels F or till a tester comes out clear.
Storing & freezing ideas
- To retailer: this wholesome chocolate banana bread ought to be saved well-covered in foil or plastic wrap at room temperature for as much as 3 days, then I like to recommend transferring to the fridge or freezer.
- To freeze: merely wrap in plastic, then tightly in foil, and eventually place in a reusable bag or freezer-friendly bag for as much as 3 months. Thaw at room temperature as soon as you’re able to eat. You can even be at liberty to freeze particular person slices for a fast on-the-go deal with.
Extra methods to make use of ripe bananas
Get all of my recipes utilizing ripe bananas right here!
For those who make this wholesome chocolate banana bread recipe, remember to go away a remark under and charge the recipe! You can even snap and movie and publish it on Instagram utilizing the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen. xo!
Wholesome Chocolate Banana Bread
Complete Time 1 hour 5 minutes
Wholesome chocolate banana bread made with almond flour and sweetened solely with bananas and a contact of pure maple syrup. This paleo, dairy free and gluten free chocolate banana bread tastes like a scrumptious brownie and can be your new favourite to bake when you’ve gotten additional bananas.
very ripe medium bananas (ones with LOTS of brown spots), mashed (1 ¼ cups mashed banana)
pure maple syrup
packed effective blanched almond flour
unsweetened cocoa powder
darkish chocolate chips (dairy free if desired), plus 2 tablespoons additional chocolate chips for sprinkling on high
- Fancy sea salt, for sprinkling on high
Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Line an 8 ½ x 4 ½ inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray to stop sticking.
In a big bowl, whisk collectively the mashed bananas, eggs, pure maple syrup and vanilla extract till nicely mixed. Add within the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Use a picket spoon to mix. Fold within the chocolate chips.
Pour batter into ready loaf pan, smoothing the highest with a spatula. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on high. Bake for 50 minutes-65 minutes or till the tester comes out nearly clear in the midst of the bread. Cool bread for 10 minutes within the pan, then take away and switch to a wire rack to complete cooling utterly. As soon as cool, lower into 12 slices. The bread is finest the following day (as are all banana breads!) High together with your favourite nut butter or butter and sprinkle with just a little sea salt. Get pleasure from!
Be happy so as to add in ⅓ cup chopped walnuts or pecans for added wholesome fat.
Bread ought to be saved well-covered at room temperature for as much as 3 days, then I like to recommend transferring to the fridge or freezer.
This bread freezes nicely, merely wrap in plastic, then tightly in foil and eventually place in a reusable bag or freezer pleasant bag for as much as 3 months. Thaw at room temperature as soon as you’re able to eat. You can even be at liberty to freeze particular person slices for a fast on the go deal with.
Servings: 12 servings
Serving dimension: 1 slice
Saturated fats: 3.9g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats
This publish was initially printed on June ninth, 2020, and republished on January twenty second, 2023.