This watercress salad recipe is a lightweight, contemporary spring aspect dish. It is stuffed with crisp veggies, creamy avocado, and a vivid champagne French dressing.
If you happen to want a last-minute aspect dish for Mom’s Day, I feel this watercress salad could be excellent. It’s precisely the form of dish I prefer to serve at a special day meal. Gentle and refreshing, it gives a welcome distinction to heartier fare like cinnamon rolls (at brunch) or a saucy, tacky lasagna (at dinner). And whereas it’s easy to make, it’s a bit extra surprising than a daily inexperienced salad. The watercress provides it a peppery chunk, which I tame with candy, juicy orange segments and a vivid champagne French dressing. Mozzarella and avocado add creamy richness, and toasted pistachios and crisp spring veggies convey loads of crunch.
This watercress salad is finest proper after it’s assembled, however you possibly can nonetheless do a number of the prep prematurely. Make the dressing at present, and blanch the snap peas. Tomorrow, it’ll be a breeze to place collectively!
Watercress Salad Recipe Elements
Right here’s what it’s essential make this watercress salad recipe:
- Watercress, after all! If you happen to’ve by no means tried it, it has a definite peppery style and beautiful delicate texture. If you happen to can’t discover watercress, make this salad with contemporary arugula or combined salad greens as a substitute.
- Snap peas and fennel – For crunch! In addition they add their distinctive flavors to the salad. The fennel brings notes of anise, whereas the snap peas add an earthy sweetness.
- Orange segments – Their sweetness cuts the watercress’s chunk.
- Avocado and contemporary mozzarella – I really like how these wealthy, creamy elements play off the contemporary spring veggies.
- Toasted pistachios – For (extra) crunch and nutty taste.
- Champagne French dressing – I make this easy dressing with olive oil, contemporary orange juice, Dijon mustard, and champagne vinegar. It brings the salad collectively, including tangy, fruity taste.
- A lemon wedge – Squeeze it over the salad for a pleasant vivid end.
- And salt and pepper – To make all of the flavors pop!
Discover the entire recipe with measurements beneath.
So contemporary! The tender inexperienced leaves are excellent for spring.
Watercress Salad Serving Solutions
Serve this watercress salad as a aspect dish for a spring dinner or brunch. For dinner, it pairs properly with this asparagus risotto, creamy mushroom polenta, or a bowl of potato leek soup. It additionally goes nicely with these pasta recipes:
Get pleasure from!
Extra Favourite Salad Recipes
If you happen to love this watercress salad recipe, strive considered one of these contemporary salads subsequent:
This watercress salad is a contemporary, scrumptious aspect dish! The brilliant French dressing and the candy orange segments tame the watercress’s peppery chunk.
- 4 ounces snap peas
- 1 fennel bulb, very thinly sliced on a mandoline
- Champagne French dressing
- 3 cups watercress
- Segments from ½ navel orange
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 2 ounces torn contemporary mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons toasted pistachios
- Sea salt and freshly floor black pepper
- Lemon wedge, for serving
Carry a big pot of salted water to a boil and set a bowl of ice water close by. Drop the snap peas into the boiling water and blanch for two minutes. Take away the snap peas and instantly immerse within the ice water lengthy sufficient to chill fully, about 15 seconds. Drain and place on a kitchen towel or paper towels to dry.
In a small bowl, mix the sliced fennel with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the dressing and a pinch of salt. Gently toss to coat.
Assemble the salad on a platter with the watercress, fennel, snap peas, orange segments, avocado, and mozzarella. Drizzle with a number of the dressing and prime with the pistachios. Season to style with salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lemon, and serve.