A collaboration for Early Environmental Consciousness between Hike it Child and Joules. Collectively we will increase the subsequent era to like and take care of our planet.
The Earth, because it seems, is kinda like an enormous drop of water floating out in house, and nearly the whole lot and everybody inside is dependent upon it to outlive.
For instance, what we eat, how we develop what we eat, the soil wherein we develop the issues we eat, even our very our bodies are manufactured from water! Water strikes by the entire locations on our planet, bringing life to all it touches. Preserving water methods wholesome means we now have the water we have to drink and develop our meals, however water isn’t only for us, and preserving it wholesome impacts far past what we see in our glass.
As water strikes by the water cycle, it’s straightforward to neglect what occurs at these locations in between, not the oceans or the rivers, the rain or clouds, however the place water collects, the place the land meets the ocean, the place the river meets the land, or these superb inland areas the place water swimming pools, masking the bottom for many of the yr.
With our Water & Wetlands Initiative, we invite you as dad and mom & caregivers to study and share in regards to the water cycle, wetland areas, wildlife refuges, the unbelievable crops and animals that decision these particular locations residence, and the way you and your households can take motion to maintain our planet’s water wholesome. We’ve made it straightforward and enjoyable with choices for teenagers of various ages, as a result of we consider it’s by no means too early to start out having necessary conversations.
1. Watch our “Water & Wetlands” video as a household
2. Observe up by asking these questions to start out a dialog
For Little Youngsters
- The place can you discover water exterior?
- The place do you employ water in your own home?
- How will you use much less water in your own home?
For Massive Youngsters
- The place does the water in your own home come from?
- How can we shield water in nature?
- Why do you suppose crops and animals want particular locations like Wetland Refuges to be their houses? Why is your own home particular to you?
3. Obtain the “My Water Workbook” right here. Full the actions collectively, speaking all about water as you go.
Our “My Water Workbook” is accessible in English and Spanish and is stuffed with enjoyable actions for the littles and *BONUS!! can be secretly filled with issues to study! From the water cycle to wildlife refuges to wetlands and extra, it’s all inside! As a result of we consider that fostering a love of nature brings with it a need to guard the pure world and our planet. And as dad and mom and caregivers, we now have the possibility to construct upon our youngsters’s curiosity and to make that preliminary connection.
4. Taken with studying extra together with your children? Take a look at these books out of your native library and browse collectively.
- We Are Water Protectors by Carole Lindstrom
- Agua, Agüita/ Water, Little Water by Jorge Argueta
- Life in a Wetland by Doris Dumrauf
- If You Have been A Wild Duck, The place Would You Go? by George Mendoza
ABOUT HIKE IT BABY
We hope you loved studying this text from Hike it Child. We’re working laborious to offer our group with content material and assets that inform, encourage, and entertain you.