We made it to Friday, so I feel we deserve a contemporary, scrumptious, stunning cocktail to shut out the week. Don’t you suppose? Over the previous yr or so Rebecca and I’ve had a lot enjoyable testing out new cocktail recipes and my favorites, by far, are margaritas.
So, say howdy to this love, simple grapefruit margarita recipe made with simply 5 easy elements. We’re skipping the grapefruit juice focus and utilizing freshly squeezed grapefruit juice (so good this time of yr), then we’re topping our glasses with a tajín rim and dried grapefruit slices as a result of you realize we’re fancy like that.
In case you missed it, we share a straightforward tutorial for making dried citrus right here.
I hope you LOVE this excellent grapefruit margarita. Name up your mates and have a stunning weekend!
Every thing you’ll must make the very best grapefruit margarita
You’ll usually discover elements like orange liqueur, Cointreau, or Grand Marnier in a traditional margarita recipe to provide it a boozy, citrus taste, however this stunning grapefruit margarita is made with simply 5 easy elements for a enjoyable, refreshing cocktail everybody will love! Right here’s what you’ll must make it:
- Tequila: I desire to make use of silver tequila, or tequila blanco, in my margarita recipes.
- Easy syrup: we’re sweetening this margarita with somewhat easy syrup, however agave nectar must also work. See beneath to learn to make it your self!
- Triple Sec: you’ll be able to both add Triple Sec or somewhat extra easy syrup for sweetness.
- Contemporary juices: we’re squeezing in contemporary lime juice and, after all, contemporary grapefruit juice for a scrumptious, fruity style. No pink grapefruit juice focus essential.
- To serve: these are non-obligatory, however I like including tajín to the rime and garnishing every glass with dehydrated grapefruit slices or a contemporary grapefruit wedge!
How you can make home made easy syrup
A fast shortcut for easy syrup: shake equal components granulated sugar and water (2 tablespoons every can be sufficient for two grapefruit margaritas) in a small jar for 1-2 minutes till the sugar dissolves. In case you’re swapping the Triple Sec for extra easy syrup, double the granulated sugar and water.
Jazz up your grapefruit margarita
In case you love bubbly drinks, this simple grapefruit margarita can also be scrumptious with somewhat membership soda poured in!
Our favourite methods to garnish
You need to use sea salt, however I actually love including tajín to the rim of the glasses after I make margaritas. Tajín is a Mexican spice mix that sometimes consists of dried, floor chilies, sea salt and dehydrated lime juice. It’s tangy, somewhat spicy, and the flavour is SO scrumptious paired with this contemporary grapefruit margarita.
To rim your glass you’ll lower a wedge from a lime and rub the lower aspect of the lime alongside the rim of the glass. Pour tajín (or sea salt) onto a small plate and dip the moist glass rim into the tajín to coat it. Then make your cocktail and pour it proper in! Don’t neglect to prime your drink with a dried grapefruit slice. Be taught precisely the way to make dried citrus right here!
Scrumptious grapefruit margaritas in 3 steps
- Salt the rim. Earlier than making the cocktail, add salt or tajín to the rim utilizing the directions above.
- Shake it up. Add the entire elements (apart from garnishes) to a cocktail shaker or mason jar with 1/2 cup ice cubes. Shake all of it up.
- Serve & get pleasure from! Add some ice to your glasses, then pour the margarita combination, prime with dried grapefruit rounds, and luxuriate in!
Can I make an even bigger batch?
Completely! This recipe makes 2 margaritas as-is, so be at liberty to triple or quadruple this recipe to serve extra visitors.
Our favourite cocktail-making instruments
- Shake it up with a cocktail shaker
- A easy strainer in case your shaker doesn’t have one
- I like utilizing this hand juicer for all issues juicing
- Cute margarita glasses like these or these
- A pitcher for serving a celebration
Get all of our go-to kitchen necessities right here!
Extra wonderful cocktail recipes
Get all of our cocktail recipes right here!
I hope you’re keen on this grapefruit margarita recipe! In case you make it you’ll want to depart a remark and a ranking so I understand how you preferred it. Get pleasure from, xo!
The most effective grapefruit margarita recipe made with 5 easy elements and delightful garnishes. Serve your margaritas with a tajín rim and dried citrus for a straightforward, picture-worthy cocktail! Triple to serve a crowd or get pleasure from these grapefruit margaritas as-is for date night time or ladies’ night time.
- For the margarita:
easy syrup* (2 tablespoons)
Triple Sec (or exchange with extra easy syrup)
freshly squeezed lime juice (1/4 cup contemporary lime juice)
freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- For serving:
- Tajín (or sea salt) and a lime wedge for rimming the glass, if desired
- Contemporary or dehydrated grapefruit slices
In case you’d prefer to rim your glass, do that first. Reduce a wedge from a lime and rub the lower aspect of the lime alongside the rim of your favourite glass. Pour tajín (or sea salt) onto a plate and dip the moist glass rim into the tajín to coat it.
Add tequila, easy syrup, Triple Sec, contemporary lime juice, contemporary grapefruit juice and ice to a cocktail shaker. Cowl tightly, and shake vigorously for about 15 seconds.
Pour the margarita into your rimmed glasses and garnish with contemporary or dehydrated grapefruit slices. Cheers!
*A fast shortcut for easy syrup: shake equal components granulated sugar + water (2 tbsp. every can be sufficient for two drinks) in a small jar for 1-2 minutes till the sugar dissolves.
Learn to make dried citrus right here! It is nice for garnishing cocktails, desserts, and extra.
Servings: 2 servings
Serving dimension: 1 margarita