These smooth, chewy sunbutter cookies are made with simply 4 easy substances and prepared in 20 minutes!
You already know these occasions once you need home made cookies and also you need them NOW?
You don’t wish to fiddle with softening butter or digging out the hand mixer.
You need easy and quick: one bowl, one spoon, and ideally smooth, heat cookies in 20 minutes.
That is the right cookie for you! And even higher, as a result of they’re made with sunflower seed butter, they’re a protected candy deal with in case you or somebody in your home has a peanut allergy.
There are solely 4 easy substances on this sunbutter cookie recipe:
- SunButter: You need to use both common or no-sugar-added (they’ll clearly be barely much less candy)
- Brown Sugar: This provides the cookies a caramel-y taste. However you’ll be able to swap in white sugar or coconut sugar as a substitute.
- Oats: On the spot oats work greatest for this, however you can too use old school.
- Egg: Use a big egg for this recipe. You may swap in a flax egg. See the recipe card for directions.
The way to Make Simple SunButter Cookies
In a medium bowl, stir the substances along with a wood spoon or spatula (the cookie dough mixes simply, so no want for a hand mixer or meals processor).
To get even, 1-inch balls of dough, I take advantage of a one-tablespoon cookie scoop. That is much like the one I’ve and right here is one other scoop (affiliate hyperlinks). The dough will likely be slightly sticky, that’s okay! If it’s too sticky to deal with, add an extra tablespoon or two of oats, stir effectively, and take a look at once more.
Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. These cookies don’t unfold whereas baking, so there’s no must house them very far aside.
Utilizing a fork dipped in white sugar, make a criss-cross sample on the highest of the cookie, urgent down gently. Bake in a 350 diploma oven for 10 minutes.
The cookies will appear underdone once you take them out of the oven, however they’ll agency up as they cool. It is a smooth cookie!
When you’d like, whereas they’re nonetheless heat on the cookie sheet, gently press a Hershey’s Kiss into the middle of every cookie.
Switch cookies to a cooling rack. As soon as cooled, retailer these sunflower seed butter cookies in an hermetic container and eat inside per week days for very best quality.
SunButter is a selection constituted of sunflower seeds. It’s free from the highest allergens, together with peanuts, tree nuts, dairy, and soy. Like nut butters, it’s a nutritious unfold. Actually, it incorporates much more Vitamin E than peanut butter.
The place can I discover SunButter?
Yow will discover it in grocery shops alongside different nut butters. It’s accessible in a couple of totally different varieties, together with creamy, crunchy, no added sugar, and chocolate.
Can I take advantage of nut butter as a substitute?
Sure! You may swap in nut butters comparable to peanut butter or almond butter for the SunButter on this recipe if peanut allergy symptoms or tree nut allergy symptoms aren’t a problem. Right here is my recipe for 4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies.
Can I make these SunButter cookies vegan?
Sure, you can also make these cookies with out utilizing the egg. As an alternative, use a flax egg. The way to make a flax egg: Mix one tablespoon of floor flaxseed with three tablespoons of water, stir, and let it sit for at the least 5 minutes to thicken. Use the combination instead of the egg on this recipe.
Can I take advantage of maple syrup as a substitute of brown sugar?
No, the batter will likely be too runny and gained’t type effectively into balls. You may swap in white sugar or coconut sugar, in case you’d like.
I’ve heard SunButter produces inexperienced cookies. True?
Typically–however not on this recipe! In line with SunButter, a compound referred to as chlorogenic acid in sunflower seeds can react with baking soda and baking powder and trigger the baked items to show inexperienced when cooled (it’s innocent!). As a result of this recipe doesn’t name for baking soda or baking powder, it’s not a problem.
Are these SunButter cookies gluten free?
These sunflower butter cookies are gluten-free so long as you purchase oats labeled “gluten free”. Oats don’t naturally include gluten however might have cross-contact with gluten in the event that they’re processed in a facility or on gear that additionally makes gluten-containing merchandise. If it’s essential to keep away from gluten, search for oats labeled “gluten-free” comparable to Bob’s Crimson Mill Gluten-Free Previous-Long-established Oats or Quaker Gluten-Free Fast Oats (affiliate hyperlinks). SunButter is gluten-free.
Are you able to add chocolate chips to those cookies?
Positive! As a substitute of including the Hershey’s Kiss, combine in a handful of chocolate chips to the batter.
- 1 cup sunflower seed butter (comparable to SunButter)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup instantaneous oats
- 1 massive egg
1. Preheat oven to 350 levels F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
2. In a medium bowl, stir the substances along with a wood spoon or spatula (the cookie dough mixes simply, so no want for a hand mixer).
3. Roll into 1-inch balls (I take advantage of a cookie scoop). Place on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. These cookies don’t unfold whereas baking, so there’s no must house them very far aside.
4. Utilizing a fork dipped in white sugar, make a criss-cross sample on the highest of the cookie, urgent down gently. Bake in a 350 diploma oven for about 10 minutes (the cookies will appear underdone once you take them out of the oven, however they’ll agency up as they cool however stay smooth).
5. When you’d like, whereas they’re nonetheless heat on the cookie sheet, gently press a Hershey’s Kiss into the middle of every cookie. Switch cookies to a cooling rack. As soon as cooled, retailer in an hermetic container and eat inside per week for very best quality.
To make these cookies with out utilizing the egg: Mix one tablespoon of floor flaxseed with three tablespoons of water, stir, and let it sit for at the least 5 minutes to thicken. Use the combination instead of the egg on this recipe.
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate packages, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Dimension: 1
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 108Complete Fats: 7gSaturated Fats: 1gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 6gLdl cholesterol: 9mgSodium: 47mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 3g