I’m SO excited to ring in a brand new month with model new smoothie recipes. Buckle up kiddies as a result of each Monday in Might, I’m bringing you a wonderful, nutrient dense, ridiculously good smoothie recipe to carry you pleasure and nourish your physique, thoughts and soul earlier than you start your week.
First up: this totally unbelievable blueberry smoothie recipe that critically tastes similar to a blueberry muffin. As a result of I’m the muffin queen, I knew I needed to create a smoothie recipe that had that cozy, freshly baked taste. My bakery-style blueberry muffins are certainly one of my favs (and hottest) so I basically turned them into this wild blueberry muffin smoothie!
Not solely is that this smoothie scrumptious, but it surely’s additionally full of nourishing substances, loads of protein, fiber, and antioxidants to assist fill you up and make you are feeling wonderful. You’re going to LOVE this one.
Be part of the AK Smoothie Sequence
This wonderful blueberry smoothie recipe is the primary one in our month-long AK Smoothie Sequence! Enroll right here and scroll down for deets:
Once you join above you’ll get these model new recipes straight to your inbox every Monday in Might, together with:
- A FREE smoothie e-book with 7 of my greatest smoothie recipes
- Suggestions & tips for making scrumptious smoothies in your inbox every day for five days
- A bonus, email-only smoothie recipe on the finish of the 5 days of suggestions!
Study extra concerning the Smoothie Sequence right here and prepare for an incredible month!
What are wild blueberries?
Wild blueberries are smaller and extra flavorful than common blueberries as a result of they’ve much less water in them. They’re deliciously candy and a bit of tangy, they usually take the flavour of this blueberry smoothie recipe to the following stage.
Wild blueberries are additionally full of antioxidants and a compound referred to as anthocyanin. These not solely give the blueberries their deep blue/purple colour however are additionally proven to cut back irritation and assist to stop cell injury. Wild blueberries even have a considerably larger quantity of antioxidants and anthocyanin than common blueberries!
All the pieces you’ll must make this blueberry smoothie
Once I say this blueberry smoothie tastes like a blueberry muffin, I imply it! You’ll want a handful of substances and mix-ins to get the right texture and taste, plus I’ve included much more methods to customise the flavour beneath. Right here’s every thing you’ll want:
- Wild blueberries: make sure you use frozen wild blueberries to maintain the smoothie good and chilly.
- Medjool dates: we’re naturally sweetening this blueberry smoothie with out banana by mixing in Medjool dates. See beneath for a notice on utilizing dates!
- Greek yogurt: generally I really like to make use of vanilla greek yogurt for additional taste, however be at liberty to make use of plain if that’s what you’ve gotten — I’ve examined each methods and it’s simply as delish. Greek yogurt provides a creamy texture and increase of protein.
- Vanilla: you’ll additionally need to add a bit of vanilla extract for much more taste.
- Dietary boosters: we’re mixing in flaxseed meal and hemp hearts for a lift of omega-3s, fiber, protein, magnesium, iron & zinc. Hiya, superfoods! These make the smoothie tremendous nourishing and filling and increase the thickness.
- Rolled oats: the important thing ingredient on this recipe to make it style like a real blueberry muffin smoothie! Rolled oats add that freshly baked taste and heartiness.
- Milk: be at liberty to make use of any milk you’d like to assist mix up the blueberry smoothie. I like to make use of unsweetened oat or almond milk to maintain it dairy free and for added muffin taste.
Don’t neglect this trick when utilizing dates
Word that you could be want to melt your dates earlier than including them to the blender. To take action, merely soak your pitted dates in 1 cup of very heat water for at the very least 5 minutes. This may assist them soften up and be good for mixing. Whereas the dates are soaking you may get all of your different substances out, measured and prepared.
Attempt these wonderful taste boosters
This wild blueberry smoothie is scrumptious as-is, however be at liberty to combine it up with these enjoyable taste boosters!
- Almond extract: I LOVE including only a drop or two of almond extract to make the blueberry smoothie style like cake. Mmmm blueberry cake for breakfast.
- Cinnamon: a pinch of cinnamon actually brings out that cozy, freshly baked muffin taste. I virtually at all times add cinnamon to my muffin recipes, so it’s the right addition to this smoothie.
- Lemon zest: a bit of little bit of lemon zest goes a good distance and provides a beautiful brightness to the smoothie. It gained’t make the smoothie bitter or tart, simply much more refreshing.
- Vanilla protein powder: for those who’d like much more vanilla taste (and a lift of protein) be at liberty so as to add a scoop of your favourite vanilla protein powder! I like Aloha and 4 Sigmatic.
Wanting so as to add much more vitamin?
Attempt certainly one of these simple mix-ins:
- Chia seeds: add in a tablespoon of chia seeds to your blueberry smoothie for a lift of wholesome fat and fiber.
- Spinach: for those who’re trying to get extra greens in your smoothie, attempt including a cup or two of uncooked or cooked spinach. You’ll by no means be capable of style it, however simply know that it might change the colour of your smoothie to a brownish colour.
- Frozen cauliflower: you possibly can additionally throw in a cup of frozen cauliflower to thicken your smoothie much more and get additional veggies in. You gained’t even be capable of style it!
Suggestions for making one of the best blueberry smoothie
With a couple of simple suggestions & tips you’ll have a wonderfully thick, scrumptious blueberry muffin smoothie very quickly:
- Use frozen fruit. Utilizing frozen wild blueberries on this recipe is greatest because it helps preserve the smoothie chilly and thick. Ice can water down the smoothie taste and sometimes doesn’t mix as properly, so it’s greatest to skip it until completely vital.
- Add extra liquid. Don’t be afraid so as to add extra liquid in case your smoothie is simply too thick or gained’t absolutely mix — particularly for those who’re including extra mix-ins. Excessive powered blenders are inclined to mix frozen fruit significantly better, so when you’ve got a daily or private measurement blender, chances are you’ll want so as to add extra milk.
- Begin on low pace. Begin the blender on low pace, then progressively enhance to excessive to assist mix all substances. Lastly, finish with the blender on low pace.
- Sweeten it up. This blueberry smoothie ought to be good candy however for those who’d prefer it sweeter you may add a 1/2 tablespoon of honey, pure maple syrup or one other Medjool date.
- Use your fav milk. Be at liberty to make use of any milk you’d like in smoothie recipes! Oat and almond milk are inclined to have a impartial style that’s good for this muffin impressed smoothie, coconut milk will add a extra tropical and creamy taste, and common milk will add a lift of protein.
Prep this blueberry smoothie for later
Sure, you may make this wild blueberry smoothie forward of time! I’ve three wonderful methods to prep & retailer smoothies proper in your freezer. Study the ice dice tray, mason jar and freezer pack strategies.
Extra smoothie recipes you’ll love
Get all of my scrumptious smoothie recipes right here!
I hope you like this wild blueberry muffin smoothie! For those who make it make sure you go away a remark and a score so I understand how you preferred it. Take pleasure in, xo!
Wild Blueberry Muffin Smoothie
Unbelievable blueberry smoothie made with wild blueberries that tastes similar to a freshly baked blueberry muffin! This nutritious blueberry muffin smoothie is of course sweetened with out banana, has a lift of protein from greek yogurt, and is full of muffin taste because of rolled oats & flax. Optionally available taste add-ins included for this scrumptious breakfast or snack!
frozen wild blueberries (they’ve one of the best taste!)
giant Medjool dates, pitted and softened if vital
vanilla greek yogurt (plain additionally works however vanilla has higher taste!)
rolled oats, gluten free if desired
unsweetened oat or almond milk (or sub any milk of alternative!)
- Optionally available add-ins:
scoop vanilla protein powder of alternative
Add all substances to a excessive powered blender: blueberries, dates, yogurt, flaxseed meal, hemp hearts, rolled oats and milk. Be at liberty so as to add any non-obligatory add-ins to your smoothie for those who’d like. Mix till clean, including extra milk to skinny, if vital. Pour right into a glass and luxuriate in! Serves 1. Be at liberty to double the recipe to serve 2.
It’s possible you’ll want to melt your dates: to take action soak your pitted dates in 1 cup of very heat water for at the very least 5 minutes. This may assist them soften up and be good for mixing. Whereas the dates are soaking you may get all of your different substances out, measured and prepared.
See the total publish for straightforward & scrumptious methods to customise your blueberry smoothie!
Servings: 1 serving
Serving measurement: 1 smoothie
Saturated fats: 2.8g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Pictures by: Eat Love Eats