This recipe for Swiss Chard Salad with Oranges and Citrus French dressing is a celebration of seasonal plant meals. Although you possibly can typically discover the primary components on this recipe—Swiss chard and oranges—yr spherical, they’re fairly sturdy crops that develop significantly nicely within the cooler months, particularly in my dwelling state of California. This tremendous simple Swiss chard salad recipe pairs the pungent inexperienced style of chard with the candy vivid flavors of citrus, and the nutty crunch of pumpkin seeds, all with a flavorful cumin, olive oil, citrus French dressing. With solely 6 components, you may get this wholesome, nutrition-packed recipe on the desk in 10 minutes! This salad is gluten-free and vegan too.
What Is Swiss Chard?
Swiss chard (also called chard) is a wholesome, scrumptious leafy inexperienced vegetable. Associated to beets and spinach, Swiss chard is a nutrient-rich greens, containing nutritional vitamins A, C, and Okay, magnesium, iron and potassium. Swiss chard could be very versatile; you should utilize it like all leafy inexperienced by steaming, sautéing, and pan-frying, in addition to together with it in recipes, like soups, pasta, casseroles, and stir-fries.
You can too take pleasure in it contemporary, in salads, smoothies, and grain bowls. Swiss chard can simply be grown in a vegetable backyard, so give it a strive! (Obtain my Develop Your Personal Meals Toolkit right here.) Rainbow Swiss chard is a good looking number of chard which has multi-colored stems.
Study to take advantage of superb, wholesome, vegan, gluten-free salad utilizing just some components on this Swiss Chard Salad with Oranges and Citrus French dressing.
Swiss Chard Salad:
Citrus French dressing:
- 2 tablespoons additional virgin olive oil
- 1 small orange, juiced (about 3 tablespoons juice)
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper (as desired, optionally available)
- Wash chard leaves, and dry. Chop them pretty advantageous and place in a massive salad bowl. Add chopped oranges and pumpkin seeds.
- To make citrus French dressing: Whisk collectively olive oil, orange juice, cumin, and salt and pepper (optionally available) in a small dish.
- Toss dressing into salad, combining nicely to tenderize greens.
- Put aside or chill for about half-hour to let dressing tenderize greens. Toss once more to distribute components and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Class: Salad
- Delicacies: American
- Serving Measurement: 1 serving
- Energy: 84
- Sodium: 26 mg
- Fats: 5 g
- Saturated Fats: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 1 g
Key phrases: what’s swiss chard, rainbow swiss chard, swiss chard salad, citrus French dressing