If you wish to flip a non-tofu lover right into a believer, crumble it up! This vegan Spicy Gochujang Tofu Bowl is loaded with protein, veggies, and tons of taste!
Spicy Gochujang Tofu Bowl
Typically, the feel of tofu turns individuals away. Nonetheless, when crumbled into floor meat-sized items, it turns into an ideal canvas for any taste combo you want – like with this Mexican-inspired model of Tofu Tacos with Potatoes and Poblanos. The uncooked cabbage and carrot slaw completely enhances the spice good on this Korean-inspired tofu bowl. Extra meatless dinner concepts, attempt these Spicy Sriracha Tofu Rice Bowls and this Kung Pao Tofu when you’re excited about cooking extra with tofu.
What’s gochujang paste manufactured from?
I really like the candy and spicy taste of Gochujang, a spicy Korean chili paste manufactured from chili peppers, fermented soybeans, rice, and salt. Right here it offers the tofu crumbles a candy, spicy, umami kick, which is balanced out with a contemporary mixture of shredded cabbage and carrots wearing a tangy sesame dressing. I added brown rice to spherical out the meal.
Gochujang Tofu Bowl Substances
- Tofu: I used additional agency tofu, however agency will work too.
- Sauce: Gochujang, soy sauce, and rice vinegar
- Ginger: Grate a teaspoon of contemporary ginger.
- Garlic: Mince two cloves of garlic.
- Coleslaw: Rice vinegar, sesame oil, honey, salt, tricolor coleslaw combine, scallions
- Rice: You’ll want one cup of cooked brown rice.
- Lime Wedges for serving
How do you squeeze water from tofu?
You will need to squeeze out all of the liquid to make sure your tofu isn’t soggy or watery. Place the tofu on a plate lined with a paper towel or tea towel. Cowl it with one other towel, and place a heavy pan on high to press out the surplus water.
How you can Make Tofu Bowls
- Prep the Tofu: After urgent out the liquid from the tofu, crumble it into items the dimensions of floor meat.
- Tofu Sauce: Whisk the gochujang with soy sauce and a tablespoon of vinegar.
- Cook dinner the Tofu: Add sesame oil to a big skillet set on medium-high warmth. Sauté the garlic and ginger for 30 seconds, after which add the tofu. Cook dinner it for 5 minutes, pour within the gochujang sauce, and prepare dinner for an additional 5 minutes.
- Slaw: Combine all of the coleslaw elements collectively.
- Serve: Divide the rice into two bowls, and high them with slaw, tofu, and scallions.
How you can Meal Prep
Retailer every tofu bowl in an hermetic container 4 days within the fridge. Should you’re packing them for lunch, retailer the tofu and rice in a single container and microwave till heat. Put the slaw in one other container and add to the bowl earlier than consuming.
Tofu Bowl Variations:
- Protein: Should you favor meat, sub the tofu for floor hen or turkey.
- What can I exploit as a substitute of gochujang? Sriracha is an effective substitute for gochujang.
- Rice: Be happy to make use of no matter you need for the bottom, like quinoa, soba noodles, or rice noodles. In case you are consuming low-carb, swap the rice for cauliflower rice or additional shredded veggies.
- Slaw: Be happy to make your individual slaw with inexperienced and purple cabbage and carrots when you don’t wish to purchase it premade.
- Greens: If you would like extra diet, add some broccoli, zucchini, or bell pepper.
Extra Wholesome Bowl Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 2 servings
Serving Dimension: 1 bowl
Place tofu on a paper towel or tea towel lined plate. Cowl with one other towel and place a heavy pan on high to press out extra water from tofu.
Crumble the tofu into small bowl together with your fingers into small (floor meat-size) items. Put aside.
In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk collectively the Gochujang with the soy sauce and 1 tablespoon vinegar.
Warmth a big skillet over medium excessive warmth.
Add 1/2 tablespoon of the sesame oil, swirling to coat the underside of the pan.
Add the garlic and ginger and sauté for 30 seconds. Add the crumbled tofu and prepare dinner, stirring usually, for five minutes, or till a number of the items simply begin to brown.
Add the gochujang sauce and blend to evenly coat. Cook dinner an extra 4-5 minutes, stirring usually, till the items brown a bit of on the perimeters.
In the meantime, put together the slaw: In a small mixing bowl, mix the remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, 2 teaspoons sesame oil and 1 teaspoon honey with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Whisk to mix till clean and mixed. Add the coleslaw combine and scallion whites and toss to evenly coat with dressing.
Divide the rice into 2 medium serving bowls.
Add 1 1/2 cups slaw and 1 cup tofu to every bowl. High every with scallion greens and serve instantly.
Please go away a ranking and remark letting us understand how you appreciated this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 bowl, Energy: 473 kcal, Carbohydrates: 50 g, Protein: 26 g, Fats: 19 g, Saturated Fats: 2.5 g, Sodium: 942 mg, Fiber: 6 g, Sugar: 17 g