We shared this simple, scrumptious appetizer on Instagram as a part of the #AKSnackSeries a few weeks in the past and it was simply too good to not placed on the weblog.
Meet my smoked salmon crostini made with 5 core substances and a sprinkle of contemporary chives + Every part However the Bagel seasoning. They make the right savory appetizer or snack that comes collectively in simply 20 minutes. When you love an excellent bagel and lox these cute crostini will likely be your new fav.
Bonus factors if you happen to’re seeking to make a fuller meal, merely add the substances to a thick piece of sourdough toast! In any other case, throw these collectively to your subsequent brunch or gathering with family and friends and watch them disappear.
Substances for this smoked salmon crostini
The perfect half about this smoked salmon crostini? It’s fast to make with tremendous easy substances so you’ll be able to give attention to hanging out together with your individuals as an alternative of assembling a tough appetizer. Right here’s what you’ll must make it:
- French baguette: the bottom of the crostini, after all! You’ll slice up your baguette into 1/2 inch slices to create the bottom to your toppings.
- Olive oil: don’t overlook to brush your baguette slices with a bit of olive oil so that they bake up good and golden.
- Cream cheese: I really like utilizing whipped chive cream cheese for this recipe as a result of it’s the right gentle texture and taste. See under for extra choices!
- Salmon: I sometimes use Nova lox salmon, however you should utilize your favourite model of smoked salmon.
- Pink onion: for a bit of crunch and zippy taste.
- To garnish: high your crostini off with Every part However the Bagel seasoning and a few chopped chives or scallions for the final word chunk.
Customise your crostini
This smoked salmon crostini is simple to customise to your style preferences and to make use of what you’ve readily available:
- Select your cream cheese. When you can’t discover chive cream cheese, merely combine a couple of tablespoons of chopped chives into softened cream cheese. You possibly can additionally make this with veggie cream cheese, or for a spicy kick, strive a jalapeño cream cheese!
- Go dairy free. Be happy to make use of your favourite dairy free cream cheese like Mykonos.
- Make it gluten free. Straightforward swap a daily baguette for a gluten free loaf and even gluten free crackers.
Smoked salmon crostini in 3 easy steps
- Bake your bread. Begin by brushing the baguette sliced with a bit of olive oil, then bake at 350 levels F till they’re calmly golden on the perimeters.
- Assemble the crostini. Ensure that the baguette slices are cooled, then high so as with cream cheese, smoked salmon, onion slices, a bit of Every part However the Bagel seasoning, and a sprinkle of chives.
- Plate & serve. Add the crostini to a cute plate or platter and serve!
Flip your crostini right into a meal
In search of a heartier snack or perhaps a scrumptious breakfast or lunch? Be happy so as to add the toppings to a thick slice of toast or a toasted bagel identical to you’d with a daily bagel and lox!
These smoked salmon crostini are greatest when loved day of, so if you happen to’re solely feeding a handful of individuals I’d advocate solely assembling ones that will likely be eaten.
Extra appetizers you’ll love
Get all of my appetizer recipes right here!
I hope you like these simple smoked salmon crostini! When you make them you should definitely depart a remark and a score so I understand how you appreciated them. Take pleasure in, xo!
Scrumptious smoked salmon crostini made with easy substances for the right simple appetizer or snack. Take your favourite bagel and lox and switch it right into a enjoyable, flavorful appetizer to share with family and friends! Nice for brunch and prepared in simply 20 minutes.
French baguette, minimize into 1/2 inch slices
additional virgin olive oil
whipped chive cream cheese
Nova lox salmon
crimson onion, very thinly sliced
Every part However the Bagel seasoning
finely chopped chives or scallions
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Organize baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or till calmly golden brown on the perimeters, then let cool barely.
Unfold a couple of tablespoon of cream cheese on every crostini, then high with smoked salmon, a few onion slices, a shake of Every part However the Bagel seasoning, and a pinch of chives or scallions.
Serve instantly in your favourite plate, chopping board, or platter and revel in! Makes 15.
When you can’t discover chive cream cheese, be happy to cut a couple of tablespoons of chives and blend into softened cream cheese. You may also sub chopped scallions as an alternative!
Servings: 15 servings
Serving dimension: 1 crostini
Saturated fats: 3.4g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Images by Eat Love Eats