From pan to desk in half-hour, these straightforward teriyaki noodles are as fast as takeout-style dinners get. Tossed in a thick and shiny sauce, they’re stir-fried to sweet-and-savory perfection and sprinkled with inexperienced onions and sesame seeds.
Simple Teriyaki Noodles Recipe
Topped with inexperienced onions and sesame seeds, these straightforward teriyaki noodles are served with a shiny pop of coloration and a few crunch. Made with a fast home made teriyaki sauce, they nonetheless come collectively in simply half-hour — which is quicker than ordering in.
Displaying off some candy and savory flavors from soy sauce, darkish brown sugar, and honey, this recipe is cooked till each single noodle is completely coated within the tasty sauce, from tip to tip. Don’t fear if you must make some substitutions, although. I’ve added all attainable swaps to get the most effective teriyaki noodles in your plate.
Served by itself or with shrimp, it’s a improbable side-turned-main that doesn’t require way more than simmering a sauce, boiling some noodles, and mixing every thing collectively. Filled with garlicky ginger goodness, nobody could have bother slurping these noodles down for dinner.
What You’ll Want
The sauce elements are crucial, so be sure to’ve bought every thing you want earlier than you begin making these straightforward teriyaki noodles. Take a look at the recipe card on the backside of the put up for full ingredient quantities.
For the Selfmade Teriyaki Sauce
- Soy sauce – I used common soy sauce, however you should utilize low-sodium as a substitute.
- Darkish brown sugar – Gentle brown sugar is a superb substitute. No white sugar, please.
- Uncooked honey – Utilizing half the quantity of agave syrup or rice syrup additionally works.
- Rice vinegar – You may substitute it for cooking sake.
- Sesame oil
- Chili oil – In the event you don’t have any, or aren’t a fan of it, be at liberty to go away it out.
- Garlic – Attempt to not use garlic powder on this recipe.
- Cornstarch – Please don’t use all-purpose flour.
For the Noodles
- Dry egg noodles – Don’t use rice noodles for this recipe.
- Vegetable oil – Corn and canola oil are nice substitutes. No olive oil, please.
- Dried chilis – You may as well add purple pepper flakes as a substitute.
- Soy sauce
- Black sesame seeds – White ones work too.
- Inexperienced onions
The best way to Make Teriyaki Noodles
Even with a home made sauce, these straightforward teriyaki noodles come collectively in half-hour. How arduous can they be?
- Make the sauce. Whisk the soy sauce, brown sugar, uncooked honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, chili oil, and garlic in a small pot. Whisk the water and cornstarch in a small bowl to make a slurry. Add it to the pot and whisk to mix.
- Simmer it. Prepare dinner the sauce over medium-low for 7-9 minutes, mixing continuously, or till the sauce thickens like syrup. Take away it from the warmth.
- Boil the noodles. Boil water in a separate massive pot. Add the noodles and prepare dinner them based on the package deal directions. Pressure and set them apart.
- Prepare dinner the noodles. Place a big pan over medium-high warmth. Add the vegetable oil. Stir within the grated garlic and dried chilis. Prepare dinner them for two minutes or till aromatic. Add the noodles and teriyaki sauce. Stir-fry every thing for 5-6 minutes or till heat. The noodles must be fully coated. Regulate the seasoning with the remaining two tablespoons of soy sauce. Prepare dinner for one more minute.
- Serve. Take away from the warmth. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and inexperienced onions. Serve and revel in.
Recipe Suggestions & Variations
Shrimp and tofu can remodel this straightforward teriyaki noodles recipe into 2 new others. Nevertheless, you’ll must make the noodles for that first. Right here’s how:
- Don’t overcook the noodles. At all times prepare dinner the noodles based on package deal directions. They need to be “al dente” like pasta, nonetheless having a slight chunk. By no means overcook them as a result of this causes the noodles to interrupt simply.
- Stir gently. Don’t get too excited when you’re cooking, you continue to must be mild with the noodles or they’ll break and look battered. I like to recommend utilizing kitchen tongs and thoroughly shifting the noodles round, even lifting them up just a little if attainable.
- Add shrimp. Warmth a few tablespoons of vegetable oil in a big pan over excessive warmth. Add 1 pound of medium shrimp and let it prepare dinner for 1 to three minutes on both sides or till pink, opaque, and now not translucent. Season with salt and pepper to style. Take away it from the warmth and use it to prime the noodles.
- Use tofu. Slice your favourite extra-firm tofu into 1/2″ thick slices. Add 2-3 teaspoons of vegetable oil to a pan over medium warmth. Add the tofu and drizzle it with 1/2-1 tablespoon of soy sauce on each side. Let it prepare dinner for 3-4 minutes on both sides or till barely grilled. Take away it from the warmth and use it to prime your noodles.
- Prep forward. That can assist you velocity issues up all through the week, you possibly can put together the sauce as much as 3 days upfront.
- Add sesame oil. In the event you’re not throwing the noodles into the sauce instantly after boiling them, gently toss them in 4 teaspoons of sesame oil to stop them from sticking.
What to Serve with Asian-Fashion Teriyaki Noodles
These straightforward teriyaki noodles pair effectively with all of your Asian-inspired dishes like my Asian Beef Skewers and Crock Pot Asian Meatballs. Since I like takeout-style nights, I additionally like to serve it with my Orange Hen Bites, Chinese language Hen and Broccoli, and Simple Kung Pao Hen.
For some veggies, I like my Sesame Snap Peas and Child Bok Choy with Heat Garlic Soy Dressing.
The best way to Retailer & Reheat Leftovers
- As soon as absolutely cooled, refrigerate these straightforward teriyaki noodles in an hermetic container for as much as 4 days. Sadly, they don’t freeze effectively so I don’t suggest doing it.
- To reheat them, sprinkle them with a teaspoon of water after which microwave them for as much as a minute or till heat. You may as well do it in a pan over medium-low warmth. Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil to the pan with the noodles. Stir and let the noodles warmth for five to eight minutes, relying on the serving measurement.
Extra Simple Facet Dish Recipes
For the Selfmade Teriyaki Sauce:
Whisk collectively the soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, uncooked honey, sesame oil, chili oil, and garlic in a saucepan.
Whisk collectively the water and cornstarch in a separate bowl to make a slurry. Add it to the sauce within the saucepan and whisk till effectively mixed.
Place the saucepan over medium-low warmth and prepare dinner the sauce for 7 to 9 minutes, sometimes stirring till the sauce thickens. Take away it from the warmth.
Boil water in a separate massive pot. Add the noodles and prepare dinner them based on the package deal directions. Pressure and set them apart.
Place a wok or massive pan over medium-high warmth. Add the vegetable oil. Stir within the grated garlic and dried chilis and prepare dinner them for two minutes or till aromatic.
Add the noodles and teriyaki sauce to the pan. Stir-fry every thing for five to six minutes or till heat. The noodles must be fully coated. Regulate the seasoning with the remaining two tablespoons of soy sauce. Prepare dinner for one more minute.
Take away from the warmth. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and inexperienced onions.
Serve and revel in.
- Noodles: We’re utilizing tagliatelle-type egg noodles for this recipe – don’t use rice noodles. You may, nevertheless, use fettuccine or linguine.
- Chili Oil is completely non-obligatory, and also you don’t have to make use of it when you don’t wish to.
- In the event you don’t have dried chilis available, you should utilize purple pepper flakes to style.
- To hurry issues up, you possibly can put together the teriyaki sauce as much as 3 days upfront.
Energy: 274 kcal | Carbohydrates: 53 g | Protein: 9 g | Fats: 3 g | Saturated Fats: 1 g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fats: 1 g | Trans Fats: 0.03 g | Ldl cholesterol: 36 mg | Sodium: 1328 mg | Potassium: 201 mg | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 17 g | Vitamin A: 126 IU | Vitamin C: 2 mg | Calcium: 41 mg | Iron: 2 mg | Internet Carbs: 51 g
Dietary information is an estimate and offered as courtesy. Values could range based on the elements and instruments used. Please use your most popular dietary calculator for extra detailed information.