A mix of tropical fruit juices, gentle and darkish rum, and a contact of grenadine, this Rum Punch recipe ultra-refreshing, not too candy, and the right social gathering drink for a crowd.
I bought this punch bowl almost 5 years in the past.
Yearly I make a degree to validate its house in my cupboard through the use of it at the very least as soon as.
This 12 months, I wished to return to the punch bowl’s roots and make a standard rum punch, however with one vital twist.
This rum punch just isn’t overly candy.
In truth, all of our buddies agreed that it was hands-down the very best rum punch they’ve ever had!
You do not want a punch bowl to make rum punch.
Whereas I’ll have been that one who determined she wanted a punch bowl on her marriage ceremony registry, rum punch pitcher-style is equally refreshing. It’s additionally the way you’ll see this recipe photographed since I do know a rum punch bowl isn’t one thing most folk personal.
5 Star Evaluate
“BEST social gathering punch ever! Our visitors raved and I obtained so many recipe requests! The flavour is spot-on.”
— Samantha —
The Greatest Rum Punch
Conventional Caribbean rum punch is product of rum, tropical juices like pineapple, orange, lemon (and/or lime), and grenadine. It’s usually served chilled.
- Often, the grenadine quantity in Jamaican rum punch is (on this refreshing, NOT cloyingly candy drink lover’s opinion) past extreme. A full, 12-ounce bottle or extra!
- I scaled it again considerably. Simply 4 ounces of grenadine made this punch style tropical with out turning it into liquid sugar.
- I additionally added pomegranate juice, which is probably not as conventional as fruit punch, nevertheless it balances the drink’s sweetness and added some punch (pun meant).
Historical past of Rum Punch
Rum punch means various things to completely different folks. It has many variations as a result of it started as a method to create a drink from native substances.
When English sailors from the British East India Firm had been touring via the Caribbean within the seventeenth century, they made alcoholic drinks from no matter they might discover regionally. Within the Caribbean, this meant fruit juices, heat spices, and rum.
Easy methods to Make Rum Punch
Selecting a big-batch cocktail for a crowd will be difficult, particularly if you happen to don’t know everybody’s tastes.
Nevertheless, this straightforward rum punch recipe is the best crowd-pleasing drink (Mulled Wine is one other).
- It’s candy sufficient for individuals who like their drinks on the fruity aspect.
- It’s WELL BALANCED. I often keep away from rum and tiki-style drinks as a result of I discover them too candy, however I couldn’t cease sipping this punch!
- It’s EASY. Simply stir and refrigerate! You possibly can prep it hours upfront.
Merely put, this Caribbean rum punch tastes like paradise!
- Pineapple Juice. Candy and 100% tropical, pineapple juice is scrumptious on this punch. Plus, pineapple juice is an effective combine with rum.
- Orange Juice. Orange juice has a crowd-pleasing candy, recent, and citrusy taste that pairs nicely with the opposite juices and rum. And, let’s remind ourselves that it contributes to your each day dose of vitamin C.
- Lime Juice. Similar to in the very best Skinny Margarita, lime juice helps make the punch additional refreshing.
Skip the bottled lime juice. For greatest outcomes, seize your juicer and some recent limes and use the great things. It makes a giant distinction, belief me.
- Pomegranate Juice. The proper mixture of candy and bitter flavors.
- Rum. I used each darkish and light-weight rum for this recipe. Gentle rum has a extra delicate taste, whereas darkish rum has a wealthy, daring taste. The mix makes this punch shine.
- Grenadine. Made out of pomegranate juice (not cherry), grenadine is beloved for the sweetness it brings to cocktails and mocktails (it stars in Shirley Temple drinks).
- Nutmeg + Cloves. Heat spices make the punch style additional particular and welcoming. Floor or freshly grated each work nicely right here.
- Stir all of the punch substances collectively in a punch bowl or pitcher. Chill for at the very least 1 hour.
- Serve in glasses with ice. Garnish as desired (see under for concepts) and add a splash of glowing water or prosecco as desired. CHEERS!
Garnish for Rum Punch
The garnish ought to assist inform the story of what’s in rum punch. For this recipe, I like so as to add orange slices, pineapple slices, and pomegranate seeds. Lemon slices, lime slices, and maraschino cherries are different rum punch garnishes you may strive.
- To Retailer. Refrigerate leftover punch for as much as 2 days.
Make Forward Tip
Combine the punch substances collectively as much as 6 hours upfront. Refrigerate till you’re able to serve. As much as 6 hours upfront, lower any fruit you would like you employ for garnish. Refrigerate every fruit in a separate hermetic storage container.
Beneficial Instruments to Make Rum Punch
- Punch Bowl. A enjoyable method to serve drinks to a crowd. A pitcher may even work nicely for this recipe.
- Ladle. The best method to serve the punch.
- Jigger. For excellent measurements.
Three cheers for straightforward rum punch!
By the point the bowl is empty, you and your visitors can be singing its praises (perhaps actually).
Incessantly Requested Questions
The sunshine and darkish rum are important for giving this punch its signature taste. Nevertheless, when you’ve got visitors who want punch with out alcohol, you may set a number of the combined fruit juices apart previous to including the rum.
For a frozen rum punch recipe, add all of the punch substances to a blender with ice. Mix till you’ve reached your required consistency. Garnish as directed. This is able to be a tasty deal with for the hotter months!
For a enjoyable method to make the most of leftovers, pour punch into the wells of a popsicle mildew. Freeze till strong. Now, you’ve obtained boozy popsicle treats able to go!
No. Resist the urge so as to add ice on to the punch bowl (or pitcher). Ice will soften and dilute the punch and take away from its, for lack of a greater phrase, punch. Chill the punch within the fridge earlier than serving, and set a bucket of ice out beside the serving glasses.
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup recent lime juice about 8 limes
- 1 cup 100% pomegranate juice
- 4 ounces grenadine syrup plus extra to style* (I used Rose’s)
- 1 1/2 cups darkish rum reminiscent of Captain Morgan
- 1 1/2 cups gentle rum
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg or floor nutmeg
- Tiny pinch cloves
- Orange slices for garnish
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Pineapple slices optionally available for garnish
- Glowing water or prosecco optionally available for serving
In a big pitcher or punch bowl, stir collectively the entire substances aside from the garnish: pineapple juice, orange juice, lime juice, pomegranate juice, grenadine, darkish rum, gentle rum, nutmeg, and cloves. Chill for at the very least 1 hour or as much as 6 hours.
To serve, fill glasses with ice and ladle into glasses. Garnish with oranges, pineapples, and pomegranate. When serving in a punch bowl, I like to chop the oranges crosswise into skinny, round slices, then float them on prime with the pomegranate seeds sprinkled over. If desired, prime your punch with a splash of glowing water or prosecco.
- *INGREDIENT NOTE: Typical Jamaican rum punch recipes would name for nearer to 12 ounces of grenadine. We discovered 4 ounces lots candy sufficient given the opposite juices on this recipe, however if you need it sweeter, be happy so as to add extra grenadine to style.
- TO STORE: Refrigerate leftover punch for as much as 2 days.
Serving: 1(of 8)Energy: 315kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 1gFats: 1gSaturated Fats: 1gPolyunsaturated Fats: 1gMonounsaturated Fats: 1gPotassium: 258mgFiber: 1gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 110IUVitamin C: 37mgCalcium: 19mgIron: 1mg
Be a part of as we speak and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite tasks and tutorials.