France is known for scrumptious wine, beautiful high quality artwork and museums, and, in fact — prolific powerlifters. On Could 14-16 on the 2022 Fédération Française de Pressure (FFForce) Nationals, Samantha Eugenie (63KG) confirmed she may be a part of the esteemed firm of her fellow countrywomen Prescillia Bavoil and Tiffany Chapon.
Throughout the meet, Eugenie captured 4 separate Junior Nationwide Data with a 182.5-kilogram (402.5-pound) squat, a 102.5-kilogram (226-pound) bench press, a 215-kilogram (474-pound) deadlift, and a 500-kilogram (1,102.5-pound) complete. The French athlete wore a lifting belt and wrist wraps for her squat, and simply wrist wraps and a belt for her bench press and deadlift, respectively.
Whereas unofficial as a result of it didn’t happen throughout a world competitors, Eugenie additionally exceeded the energetic Worldwide Powerlifting Federation (IPF) Junior World Document along with her deadlift by 5 kilos. Chiara Bernardi nonetheless holds the present determine with a 210-kilogram (463-pound) deadlift from the 2021 IPF World Basic Powerlifting Championships.
“Wow, I’m so blissful, competitors PR plus 50 kilograms. Onerous work paid off.”
Right here’s a whole rundown of every of Eugenie’s stats from the meet:
Samantha Eugenie (63KG) | 2022 FFForce Nationals Elevate Stats
- Squat — 182.5 kilograms (402.5 kilos) | French Junior Nationwide Document
- Bench Press — 102.5 kilograms (226 kilos) | French Junior Nationwide Document
- Deadlift — 215 kilograms (474 kilos) | French Junior Nationwide Document | Unofficial IPF Junior World Document
- Complete — 500 kilograms (1,102.5 kilos) | French Junior Nationwide Document
The general efficiency marks Eugenie’s first time totaling at the least 500 kilograms (1,102.3 kilos) in a full energy meet. That follows her latest coaching output the place she really matched Bernardi’s Junior World Document deadlift in early Could 2022. Eugenie additionally beforehand attained that deadlift mark in a February 2020 coaching session, when she was solely 17-years-old. All that is perhaps left for Eugenie to do now’s to make the brand new document official on a world lifting platform.
Since starting her profession in late 2018, Eugenie has constructed fairly a resume as a aggressive powerlifter. Amid 9 sanctioned meets, Eugenie has are available first place seven occasions, with one other second-place end.
In line with Open Powerlifting, listed below are a few of Eugenie’s extra notable profession outcomes:
Samantha Eugenie (63KG)| Notable Profession Outcomes
- *2018 FFForce Premier Pas FA PL DC BP Grand Est (Sub-Juniors) — First place | Basic
- 2018 FFForce Départemental FA PL DC BP Grand Est (Sub-Juniors) — First place | Basic
- 2019 FFForce Eliminatoires Jean Villenave Grand Est (Open) — First place | Basic
- 2019 IPF World Basic Powerlifting Championships (Sub-Juniors) — First place | Basic
- 2019 European Powerlifting Federation (EPF) European Basic Championships (Sub-Juniors) — First place | Basic
- 2021 FFForce Championnats de France Jeunes et Élite de Pressure Athlétique (Juniors) — First place | Basic
- 2022 FFForce Championnats de France Jeunes de Pressure Athlétique (Juniors) — First place | Basic
*Be aware: Eugenie competed within the 76-kilogram weight class throughout this competitors
In essence, along with her arduous work and dedication at a younger age, it appears this type of dominant output was nearly inevitable.
On the Horizon
Eugenie’s doubtlessly excellent summer time isn’t over. She is going to compete on the IPF Junior World Championships on June 6-12, 2022, in Solar Metropolis, South Africa. She is going to seemingly be a prime contender to take house the Juniors title for the 63-kilogram weight class. If her latest efficiency on the French Nationals hints at any future greatness, that could possibly be a protected wager.
Featured picture: @coeurlymonster on Instagram