On September 12, 2022, American powerlifter John Haack shared Instagram footage the place he captured a uncooked 275-kilogram (606.3-pound) bench press throughout a coaching session. Per the caption of his submit, the profitable bench press rep is a brand new private document (PR) for Haack.
In accordance with Open Powerlifting, Haack’s new bench press mark unofficially exceeds his all-time uncooked competitors finest by 7.5 kilograms (16.6 kilos). That determine of 267.4 kilograms (589.7 kilos) from the 2022 World Uncooked Powerlifting Federation (WRPF) American Professional is the present all-time World File within the 90-kilogram division.
Haack’s show of power conveniently comes at a time when he’ll quickly have the chance to increase his World File. The powerlifter is making ready for the upcoming United States Powerlifting Affiliation (USPA) Professional Uncooked. That competitors will happen on Sept. 24, 2022, on the Courageous Sufficient CrossFit Health club in North Kansas Metropolis, MO.
Along with his staggering bench press document, Haack additionally possesses the all-time World File deadlift and whole within the 90-kilogram class. Right here’s an outline of the athlete’s high all-time uncooked competitors bests:
John Haack (90KG) | All-Time Uncooked Competitors Bests
- Squat — 345 kilograms (760.6 kilos)
- Bench Press — 267.4 kilograms (589.7 kilos) | All-Time World File
- Deadlift — 410 kilograms (903.9 kilos) | All-Time World File
- Complete — 1,022 kilograms (2,254.2 kilos) | All-Time World File
[Related: How to Do the Triceps Kickback for Arm Size]
All through his profession, Haack has established a excessive normal of excellence. Of 25 powerlifting contests to his title, a few of which he competed in each the Open and Junior divisions, Haack has gained on 21 events and certified for the rostrum 24 occasions. When he competes on the USPA Professional, Haack will attempt to prolong his profitable streak to 4 competitions relationship again to September 2021.
Right here’s a rundown of notable outcomes from Haack’s profession:
John Haack | Notable Profession Outcomes
- 2013 USA Powerlifting (USAPL) Badger Open (Open/Uncooked) — First Place | First profession victory
- 2015-2016 USAPL Uncooked Nationals (Open/Junior/Uncooked) — First place
- 2017 WRPF Boss of Bosses 4 (Open/Uncooked) — First place
- 2018-2019 USPA The Tribute (Open/Uncooked) — First place
- 2020 USPA Metroflex Powermania (Open/Uncooked) — First place
- 2020 WRPF The Showdown (Open/Uncooked) — First place
- 2021 WRPF Hybrid Showdown III (Open/Uncooked) — First place
- 2021 WRPF Kern US Open (Open/Uncooked) — Second place
- 2021 WRPF The Bucked Up Showdown (Open/Uncooked) — First place
- 2022 USPA Hybrid Showdown 4 (Open/Uncooked) — First place
- 2022 WRPF American Professional (Open/Uncooked) — First place
Haack doesn’t have a lot to show as a powerlifting celebrity with just a few World Information underneath his belt. Top-of-the-line issues he might do is to proceed constructing a legendary resume by attaining even loftier data.
Featured picture: @bilbo_swaggins181 on Instagram