These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are a mash up of my two favourite cookies. They’re full of yummy peanut butter taste and the chewy heartiness of oats. They’re delicate and thick and completely irresistible.
Why We Love these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
I’m an unapologetic cookie lover. What’s to not love? They’re fast and straightforward to make with components you normally have available, and with 1000’s of recipes at our fingertips, there’s all the time some scrumptious new model to attempt. And regardless that we do take pleasure in attempting new recipes every now and then, I discover myself coming again to this humble little cookie time and again. It’s a hearty, satisfying cookie with simply sufficient sweetness to fulfill your candy tooth. It’s additionally loaded with peanut butter and oats, giving it a pleasant chewy texture. They freeze nice and make the right lunchbox deal with or afternoon snack. If you’re a peanut butter lover, or an oatmeal cookie lover, otherwise you simply love cookies on the whole… that is the cookie for you.
Components for Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies:
- oatmeal: we used common rolled oats
- flour: all-purpose flour works finest right here
- baking powder & soda: for leavening
- salt: I like to make use of kosher salt
- butter: I normally use salted butter as a result of it’s what I’ve available. If utilizing unsalted butter, modify the quantity of salt added if vital.
- peanut butter: we used common creamy peanut butter, however crunchy would add a pleasant texture!
- sugar: common granulated white sugar works finest
- brown sugar: helps maintain the cookies delicate and chewy and provides a caramely taste
- egg: one giant egg for construction and texture
- vanilla: provides a pleasant, rounded taste to the cookie
The way to Make Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies:
- Whisk collectively dry components.
- Beat butter and sugars collectively till creamy.
- Add egg, peanut butter and vanilla, beat once more.
- Stir dry components into the creamed combination simply till mixed.
- Chill for about 20 minutes.
- Scoop onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 levels for 12-14 minutes or till set. Don’t over bake!
Ideas & Substitutions
- Resist the temptation to over bake these cookies! They are going to be flippantly browned on the sides, and the center will nonetheless look delicate. That is if you wish to pull them out of the oven. They’ll arrange as they sit and you’ll get a young, chewy cookie. In any other case your cookies will find yourself dry and crumbly.
- I’ve used fast cooking oats in a pinch. It provides a little bit of a unique texture to the cookie, however works simply positive.
- After including the dry components, stir simply till mixed. Over mixing will produce a troublesome cookie.
- Cookie scoops are a recreation changer! We used this one.
- You’ll be able to chill the dough for longer, however will probably be too exhausting to scoop. Permit the dough to relaxation at room temperature till scoopable.
- For those who completely should have chocolate in your cookies, chocolate chips are a extremely yummy addition!
- These freeze nice too. You’ll be able to freeze the cooled, baked cookies in an hermetic container or storage bag. You can even scoop the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Freeze till stable, then add the dough balls to a ziplock freezer bag. This lets you bake them up recent at any time when the craving strikes.
Extra Cookie Recipes You’ll Love:
Whisk collectively the dry components (oatmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt) in a bowl; put aside.
In a medium mixing bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, beat collectively the butter, sugar, and brown sugar on medium-high velocity till easy and creamy, about 1-2 minutes. Add the peanut butter, egg and vanilla and beat till mixed, scraping down the perimeters as wanted.
Add the dry components to the bowl and blend on low simply till mixed. Cowl and chill for at the very least 20 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350 levels and take away the dough from the fridge. Whether it is too exhausting, enable to relaxation on the counter till it softens sufficient that you would be able to scoop it.
Scoop the dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12-14 minutes or till cookies turn into barely golden brown. Don’t over bake! The facilities will nonetheless look delicate.
Permit to chill on the baking sheet for five minutes earlier than eradicating to a wire rack to chill utterly. Get pleasure from!
Energy: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 12g | Saturated Fats: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 4g | Trans Fats: 0.3g | Ldl cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 236mg | Potassium: 85mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 222IU | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and powerful promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you can see numerous scrumptious recipes stuffed with fruits and veggies, suggestions for getting your children to eat higher and turn into intuitive eaters and many sources for feeding your loved ones.