I’ve been SO excited to share this recipe with you all ever since my mama made it for me. As lots of you understand, my beautiful mama moved to Chicago final 12 months after dwelling on the west coast and he or she, in fact, introduced all of her unbelievable recipes along with her.
After I used to go to my mother we’d spend time doing what we each love essentially the most — cooking up nourishing meals and creating some superb baked items. I keep in mind the primary time she made this stunning honey oatmeal artisan bread and I knew this could develop into a staple. We’d toast it up with a bit butter and flaky sea salt, or construct scrumptious sandwiches with these completely thick, chewy slices of bread.
The very best half is that this no knead bread makes use of tremendous easy components and is principally fool-proof. Should you’ve by no means made home made bread earlier than, that is the very best recipe to begin with. Try all of my ideas and trick all through the submit, and luxuriate in a enjoyable baking venture with the individuals you like. Let me know the way it goes within the feedback, plus your favourite methods to make use of this excellent bread!
Why you’ll love this honey oatmeal artisan bread
This artisan bread recipe is the right venture for bread-baking beginnings. It’s referred to as “artisan bread” as a result of it’s meant to be extra rustic and imperfect than a standard bread loaf, which is what makes it so distinctive and delightful! This bread is:
- Really easy to make with none kneading required, so that you gained’t even want a stand mixer!
- Made with easy components and kitchen instruments
- Deliciously hearty and completely candy due to the oatmeal and honey
- Extremely gentle and fluffy on the within with a golden, crispy, chewy crust
- Wonderful served as toast, dipped into your fav soups, and used as sandwich bread
Mainly, that is all the things you possibly can ever need in home made bread and also you’ll really feel so achieved if you make it!
Substances in the most effective oatmeal artisan bread recipe
You’re going to like how easy the components are for this beautiful no knead artisan bread. This bread is egg-free, simply made dairy free, and naturally sweetened with a bit honey! Right here’s what you’ll have to make it:
- Flour: we’re utilizing bread flour on this recipe to present this bread the right fluffy texture.
- Oats: rolled oats assist to present the bread a pleasant hearty chew.
- Seeds: you’ll add roasted sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds (or each) plus flax seeds to the dough, then just a few sunflower or pumpkin seeds on high.
- Baking staples: you’ll want salt and speedy rise yeast, which is often known as fast rise yeast, to assist the bread rise.
- For moisture: we’re including each water and milk to the dough to present it simply sufficient moisture. Be happy to make use of common or dairy free milk. You’ll additionally want a bit olive oil.
- To sweeten: as I discussed, this bread recipe is of course sweetened with honey.
Can I make it gluten free?
Sadly, no, I can’t advocate a gluten free flour substitute for this recipe.
measure flour correctly
Whereas essentially the most correct approach to measure flour is to weigh it, many baking recipes are way more forgiving and gained’t require a scale. Get all of my ideas and methods for measuring flour precisely right here! This can be certain that your bread comes out good and fluffy as a substitute of dense.
The very best yeast to make use of on this recipe
As I discussed, you’ll need to use a speedy rise or fast rise yeast within the bread recipe. Speedy rise yeast doesn’t should be “proofed,” so that you don’t have to attend till the yeast “prompts” earlier than persevering with with the recipe. On this honey oatmeal artisan bread, you’ll merely:
- Combine the yeast with the remainder of your dry components.
- Warmth up the milk and water till they attain 115 levels F, then combine within the honey and olive oil.
- Combine the dry and moist components collectively till they’re simply integrated.
That’s it! No proofing required. The speedy rise yeast will activate (quickly) when blended with the nice and cozy milk/water combination and can work together with the sugars within the honey to activate.
Suggestions & methods for baking honey artisan bread
- Don’t overmix. When combining the moist and dry components collectively, watch out to not overmix the dough. Overmixed dough will result in a dense bread loaf.
- Let the dough relaxation. After letting the dough rise for two hours, you’ll dump it out onto a well-floured floor, flip it over 8-10 instances, and form it right into a ball. You’ll then need to place the dough ball right into a bowl lined with parchment paper, cowl it with a heat towel, and let it relaxation once more for about an hour. Don’t skip this half! It’s important for the feel and beautiful pockets that may bake up within the bread.
- Warmth your dutch oven. Earlier than including the bread dough to your dutch oven and baking it, you’ll need to warmth it up in your oven. Place the dutch oven in your chilly oven and preheat the oven to 425 levels F (the temp you’ll bake the bread at). Heating up the pan FIRST ensures that the bread has what’s referred to as an “oven spring,” which is the extra burst or rise that happens within the bread proper when it will get into the oven earlier than the crust begins to kind.
- Bake it with the lid on. You’ll need to bake the bread in your dutch oven with the lid on first in order that the bread is ready to steam a bit whereas it’s baking. This can give the bread that fantastic, crispy crust.
- Let it cool earlier than slicing. Like virtually each baked good, be sure you let the bread cool for 1 hour earlier than slicing into it in order that it retains its form.
Our favourite methods to take pleasure in this bread
I imply, can you actually go unsuitable with freshly baked bread? I feel not. Listed here are just a few of the limitless methods you possibly can take pleasure in this stunning honey oatmeal artisan bread:
Storing & freezing home made artisan bread
- To retailer: it’s greatest to retailer no knead artisan on the counter. As soon as the bread is totally cool, wrap it in plastic and retailer at room temperature. If the climate is scorching or humid, it’s greatest to retailer the bread within the fridge.
- To freeze the bread: wrap it in plastic wrap, then seal it in a bag, ensuring to get all of the air out of the bag. You may also wrap the bread in plastic after which wrap it tightly in foil. Bread ought to final 3 months within the freezer. As soon as able to serve, unwrap the bread and thaw at room temperature.
Extra bread recipes you’ll love
Get all of my bread recipes right here!
I hope you like this no knead honey oatmeal artisan bread! Should you make it make sure you depart a remark and a score so I understand how you favored it. Get pleasure from, xo!
No Knead Seeded Honey Oat Artisan Bread
Whole Time 3 hours 35 minutes
Stunning no knead honey oatmeal artisan bread recipe made with easy components for a straightforward bread recipe you will bake repeatedly. This glorious home made artisan bread is gentle and fluffy on the within with the right golden crust. Get pleasure from this scrumptious bread toasted along with your fav toppings, dipping in soups, or making sandwiches!
- Dry components:
rolled oats (or use a scorching cereal mix corresponding to Bob’s Crimson Mill 5-grain scorching cereal)
speedy rise yeast (often known as fast rise yeast)
roasted sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds (or a mixture of each!)
flax seeds (not flaxseed meal)
- Moist components:
milk of alternative (I exploit dairy free milk)
- Just a few tablespoons further flour for shaping
sunflower or pumpkin seeds for on high of bread
In a big bowl, whisk collectively the flour, oats, yeast, sunflower seeds, flax seeds and salt.
In a microwaveable bowl, add water and milk and warmth up for 1 minute till barely hotter than tub water or roughly 115 levels F. Stir the honey and olive oil into the water/milk combination as soon as heat. Add moist components to the dry components and blend with a wood spoon till simply integrated, don’t over combine.
Cowl with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for two hours or till doubled in measurement.
After the dough has risen, place it on a well-floured floor and sprinkle it with a bit flour. Utilizing a scraper (or your fingers is ok), fold dough over about 8-10 instances after which flip over and form right into a ball. Place dough in a parchment paper-lined massive bowl and canopy with a heat towel. Enable the dough to relaxation once more for about 45 minutes to an hour.
Proper across the 30 minute mark of your dough resting, place a 4 to 6-quart Dutch oven with lid on within the chilly oven and preheat to 425 levels F and permit the pot to warmth up within the oven for 20 minutes. As soon as the oven has preheated all the best way, take away the pot from the oven and instantly add the parchment paper with the dough to the new pot (watch out as you do that!). Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon further sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds, then cowl with the lid and bake for 25 minutes.
After 25 minutes, take away the lid from the pot and return to the oven, uncovered. Bake for 10-15 extra minutes till bread is sweet and golden on high to your liking. Enable bread to chill for an hour earlier than slicing. Makes 1 loaf, about 12 slices. This bread is nice when toasted and served with butter and a bit salt. I find it irresistible for dipping in soups and making sandwiches too!
See the complete submit for ideas & methods for making this stunning bread!
Servings: 12 servings
Serving measurement: 1 slice (primarily based on 12)
Saturated fats: 0.5g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Pictures by: Eat Love Eats