This wholesome Mushroom Pasta recipe is creamy but magically made with out the cream. This easy mushroom pasta celebrates the pure glory of mushrooms, with their earthy taste and meaty texture.
Noodles dance within the dreamy wine sauce, choosing up bits of mushroom in every luscious chew.
Don’t a-shroom that mushrooms are blah.
If you happen to’ve tried these Sautéed Mushrooms or Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff, you realize that definitely will not be the case.
This pasta dish is abounding with wealthy flavors, and the mushrooms make it particular and a worthy stand-alone meal.
About this Mushroom Pasta Recipe
Like many nice Italian recipes, from Pasta al Limone to Penne Alla Vodka, this mushroom pasta tastes far more than the sum of its elements.
- The mushroom sauce is fabricated from mushrooms and onion slowly sautéed in butter and olive oil (an awesome begin to any mushroom recipe, as with Mushroom Risotto).
- It’s complexified with garlic and thyme, marsala wine (or white wine), broth, and recent Parmesan cheese.
- Like Garlic Pasta and Ricotta Pasta, this creamy mushroom pasta tastes of decadence, whereas one way or the other not utilizing heavy cream.
Let me train you my methods.
Easy methods to Make Mushroom Pasta With out Cream
Mushroom lovers, you’re going to really feel all types of fancy after you know the way to make this dreamy pasta.
Bonus: it comes collectively in a single pan.
- Mushrooms. Creminis have a light, earthly taste and meaty texture and are my mushroom of selection for mushroom pasta. Creminis are extra mature than a white mushroom and youthful than a portobello, so you may consider them as between these two flavors.
Use pre-sliced mushrooms to hurry alongside meal prep.
- Pasta. Entire wheat noodles are a straightforward, wholesome swap, including extra protein and fiber to the dish. Use penne, ziti, fusilli, or your favourite noodle form.
- Butter and Olive Oil. The mushrooms are onions are sautéed in a little bit of butter and olive oil to construct the bottom.
- Herbs and Aromatics. Garlic and onion are our sauce aromatics, plus thyme, chives, or parsley preserve the pasta recent.
- Wine. Dry white wine or marsala wine each work properly.
- Flour. To thicken the sauce.
- Broth. Rooster or vegetable broth to additional construct out the sauce and provides taste. Use vegetable to maintain this dish vegetarian.
- Parmesan. Freshly-grated Parmesan cheese is crucial.
- Cook dinner the pasta. Reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking water. Cook dinner mushrooms in butter and olive oil. Take away the mushrooms to a plate.
- Cook dinner the onions with salt, pepper, and thyme. Stir in garlic.
- Add the wine and let it cut back.
- Add the flour, stirring continuously.
- Slowly add the broth.
- Stir within the pasta and mushrooms.
- Add the Parmesan and chives.
- Stir to mix, including reserved pasta water as wanted. Serve instantly with further Parmesan. ENJOY!
- To Retailer. Retailer leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- To Reheat. Reheat over medium-low in a nonstick skillet with a splash of water. Alternatively, you might also heat within the microwave with a splash of water to rehydrate the pasta, coated, till steaming.
- To Freeze. I don’t suggest freezing this dish, as it’ll grow to be mushy.
What to Serve with Mushroom Pasta
Whereas mushroom pasta is a star all by itself, it will probably complement different fabulous dishes as properly.
Beneficial Instruments to Make this Recipe
- Colander. For draining pasta, and in addition washing any of your fruits and veggies.
- Whisk. I favor this 9-inch whisk over a full dimension whisk as it’s simpler to regulate.
- Wood Spoon Set. For stirring, scooping, and sautéing, that is the go-to instrument.
Small However Mighty Whisk
This 9-inch whisk will do nearly any job of a full dimension whisk, however I discover it simpler to maneuver and actually get to the pot’s edges.
Creamy, dreamy mushroom pasta, you’re simply what we want for dinner tonight!
Steadily Requested Questions
Mushrooms do have to be cleaned previous to cooking to take away any grime, however don’t run them below water or submerge them in water or they’ll grow to be soggy. As a substitute, to scrub mushrooms wipe away grime with a moist paper towel.
Completely different sorts of mushrooms have completely different taste profiles; you should use one or a mixture of varieties. Portobello mushrooms are the biggest and most meaty; you’ll usually see them as a meat substitute in vegetarian dishes, like Mushroom Quesadilla and Portobello Mushroom Burger. If you happen to use portobello, simply slice them up smaller. Cremini (additionally referred to as child bella) are additionally very flavorful and extremely versatile, from Mushroom Tacos to Mushroom Soup. Shiitake are extra smoky in taste. I simply don’t suggest button mushrooms as they’re too gentle and missing in taste.
Parmesan cheese is the basic selection for topping a recent pasta dish. This mushroom pasta recipe additionally makes use of Parmesan cheese within the sauce. I like to recommend freshly grating a block with a microplane grater.
I really like the pure mushroominess of this pasta, however you may definitely add some spinach (stir in together with mushrooms on the finish till wilted) and/or high with sliced Baked Rooster Breast for a fuller dish.
- 8 ounces dry complete wheat pasta akin to penne, ziti, fusilli, or your form of selection
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound sliced cremini (child bella) mushrooms
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon floor black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or dry marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low sodium hen broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped recent chives or flat-leaf parsley
Cook dinner the pasta: Carry a big pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and prepare dinner till al dente in keeping with package deal instructions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking liquid (DON’T FORGET!). Drain the pasta and put aside.
In a big (12-inch) deep skillet or Dutch oven, warmth 1 tablespoon of the butter and the olive oil over medium-high warmth. Add the mushrooms and prepare dinner, stirring usually, till the mushrooms are calmly browned and the liquid has cooked off, about 8 to 10 minutes. Take away the mushrooms to a plate.
Scale back the warmth to medium low. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and swirl to coat. Add the onions, salt, pepper, and thyme. Cook dinner the onions, stirring usually, till they soften and switch calmly brown, about 8 minutes. Scale back the warmth as wanted so the onions soften however don’t get too darkish. Stir within the garlic.
Add the wine, enhance the warmth to medium, and let cut back for two minutes.
Add the flour and prepare dinner, stirring continuously, till no dry white bits stay. Add the broth just a few small pours at a time, stirring continuously to maintain lumps from forming. Make sure to totally mix every thing earlier than including the subsequent pour of broth. As soon as the entire broth and has been added, carry to a simmer over medium excessive. Let prepare dinner, stirring continuously, till the liquid is lowered by half, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Flip off the warmth. Stir within the pasta and mushrooms, then the Parmesan and chives. Stir to mix, including among the reserved pasta water to loosen the pasta as wanted. Style and add salt and pepper as you want. Serve instantly, with further Parmesan.
- TO STORE: Retailer leftovers in an hermetic storage container within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- TO REHEAT: Reheat over medium-low in a nonstick skillet with a splash of water. Alternatively, you might also heat within the microwave with a splash of water to rehydrate the pasta, coated, till steaming.
Serving: 1servingEnergy: 419kcalCarbohydrates: 48gProtein: 15gFats: 17gSaturated Fats: 8gPolyunsaturated Fats: 1gMonounsaturated Fats: 6gTrans Fats: 0.3gLdl cholesterol: 33mgPotassium: 637mgFiber: 5gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 439IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 148mgIron: 1mg
Be a part of at the moment and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite recipes and entry FREE meal plans.