Mint Chip Protein Balls are a simple home made approach to get an additional increase of protein whereas realizing what’s inside your bar (or ball!).
Excessive-Protein Snack Concept!
At this time we’re taking our well-known peanut butter protein balls and giving them a mint chocolate twist. They style like a mint chocolate cookie, however are so a lot better for you! Get pleasure from.
Why you’ll adore it!
- Almond butter: almond butter is the bottom of those protein balls.
- Chocolate protein powder: be at liberty to make use of your favourite protein powder for this recipe. It’s necessary to love the style of your protein powder because you want 1/3 cup.
- Cocoa powder: cocoa powder provides additional chocolate taste.
- Mint extract: mint extract is our secret weapon for giving these balls a minty taste.
- Oats: oats add nice texture and entire grains.
- Maple Syrup: we love the heat of maple syrup. Be happy to make use of maple or honey.
- Chocolate chips: as a result of each protein ball deserves some chocolate chips!
Use your favourite nut butter: any sort of drippy nut butter works for this recipe — almond, cashew, or peanut. The #1 factor that you must be sure of is that it’s drippy in order that it may well combine along with the opposite substances properly.
Protein powder issues: this recipe requires chocolate protein powder. You should use both plant-based or whey. Keep in mind, that there’s 1/3 cup of protein powder so use one that you just like. If these style “chalky” it’s as a result of you’ve gotten dangerous protein powder.
Use water: water is used to ensure the dough is malleable sufficient to roll into balls. You must want round 1-4 teaspoons.
Retailer mint chocolate protein balls in an hermetic container (or gallon-size bag) within the fridge for as much as 1 week.
- Place protein balls on a baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet into the freezer for 1 hour.
- Switch balls right into a freezer-safe gallon-size bag and take away as a lot air as attainable and seal.
- Retailer within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
- 1 cup drippy all-natural almond butter or cashew butter
- 1/3 cup chocolate protein powder we used Backyard of Life*
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 – 4 teaspoons water
Place almond butter (it should be drippy!), protein powder, rolled oats, maple syrup and mini chocolate chips right into a medium bowl.
Use a picket spoon or your palms to combine the dough collectively. At this level, start so as to add water by the teaspoon.
Relying on how drippy your almond butter is, you’ll want so as to add roughly water. The water not solely helps moisten issues so your balls maintain form, however they really assist your balls turn out to be much less chalky.
Use a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop dough into your palms. Roll into balls till all dough is gone. You must get someplace between 15-20 balls.
Retailer within the fridge for as much as every week or within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
Suggestions & Notes
- The quantity of water is set by how drippy the almond butt is and the way a lot moisture the protein powder soaks up. Water additionally helps add a little bit of moisture to the protein ball in order that they don’t style chalky. Begin with 1 teaspoon and go from there.
Energy: 109kcal Carbohydrates: 7g Protein: 4g Fats: 8g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g
Images: photographs taken on this submit are by Ashley McGlaughlin from The Edible Perspective.