This hen & cauliflower cacio e pepe recipe is a flavor-packed and keto-friendly dish that may be whipped up shortly. The time period “cacio e pepe” is Italian for “cheese and pepper,” that are the 2 primary elements/flavors of this dish. When combined, they produce a wealthy and energetic style sensation that the entire household will love.
To make this tasty recipe, begin by sautéing the cauliflower in a skillet with olive oil to get it good and crispy, which helps to launch a number of the sugars to provide it a stunning candy taste. In case you don’t have already got some cooked hen so as to add to the dish, you will want to cook dinner some hen breast at this level earlier than making the sauce.
As soon as the cauliflower is cooked via, it’s essential make a bechamel-style sauce, which incorporates the cheese and plenty of pepper. In our recipe, we substitute dairy milk with almond milk, which is way more keto-friendly—however don’t fear, the sauce nonetheless tastes superb!
As soon as all the elements are cooked, add all the elements into the pan and provides it an excellent combine. You possibly can then both serve it straight up or give it a pleasant crispy prime by including some further cheese and giving it a fast grill earlier than serving.
Yields 6 servings of Keto Rooster & Cauliflower Cacio e Pepe
- 12 ounce cooked hen, shredded
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter, divided
- 1 medium cauliflower, lower into bite-sized florets
- 2 teaspoon recent garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to style
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup pecorino romano
1. Measure out and put together all of the elements.
2. In a saucepan over medium warmth, warmth olive oil and half of the butter till the butter is melted.
3. Pour this right into a frying pan with the cauliflower. Prepare dinner for about 10 minutes till the cauliflower turns comfortable.
4. Add within the minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir to mix nicely.
5. In a saucepan over medium warmth, add the remainder of the butter.
6. Whisk collectively the heavy cream and unsweetened almond milk. Take away from warmth then add pecorino romano.
7. Add the milk sauce to the cauliflower and prime with the shredded cooked hen. Stir nicely to mix.
8. Serve scorching and season with extra black pepper. Take pleasure in!
This makes a complete of 6 servings of Keto Rooster & Cauliflower Cacio e Pepe. Every serving comes out to be 413 energy, 35.4g fats, 3.4g internet carbs, and 19.7g protein.
|12.00 ounce cooked hen||748||44.2||0||0||0||78.2|
|2.00 tablespoon olive oil||239||27||0||0||0||0|
|4.00 tablespoon unsalted butter||407||46||0.1||0||0.1||0.5|
|1.00 medium cauliflower||132||2.9||23.6||13.2||10.4||10.4|
|2.00 teaspoon recent garlic||8||0||1.9||0.1||1.8||0.4|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.75 cup heavy cream||607||64.3||4.8||0||4.8||5|
|0.75 cup unsweetened almond milk||22||2||0.9||0.5||0.4||0.9|
|1.00 cup pecorino romano||314||25.7||2.9||0||2.9||22.9|
|Per Serving (/6)||413||35.4||5.7||2.3||3.4||19.7|