Our never-fail do-it-yourself Stir Fry Sauce Recipe may be thrown collectively in minutes, utilizing components we all the time have available. Stir fry sauce immediately elevates veggies and protein and makes them style completely scrumptious!
Why that is the BEST Stir Fry Sauce Recipe
Some time again we did an Instagram story that includes Natalie cooking up a stir-fry. So many individuals requested for the recipe that we thought we’d share our go-to stir fry sauce recipe.
Good stir fry sauce is such a vital for household feeding. You possibly can throw in nearly any form of vegetable and protein that you’ve round after which serve it over rice or noodles. Stir fry is a fast meal, and everybody loves it! (And should we are saying – it may be actually wholesome too!!) It’s additionally an effective way to make use of up leftover produce on the finish of the week.
We tried a number of completely different recipes earlier than touchdown on this one and making changes till it was good. We wished an fascinating, kid-friendly taste that wasn’t too candy. It additionally needed to be straightforward and use pantry components. This recipe ticks all of these containers!
Elements for Stir Fry Sauce:
- Soy Sauce– we all the time use low-sodium soy sauce.
- Rooster (or Vegetable) Broth– we often use rooster broth (Higher than Bouillon is our go-to) however vegetable broth works nice too.
- Honey– we’ve got tried completely different sweeteners, and honey is our favourite! You can use brown sugar in the event you desire, however the honey taste is just not detectable within the last sauce.
- Vinegar– we often use apple cider vinegar, however rice wine vinegar and even distilled vinegar will work additionally.
- Minced Garlic– contemporary is finest! We now have used garlic powder, and it really works however the taste is significantly better with contemporary.
- Contemporary Ginger– once more, ginger powder will work. However we wish to preserve a knob of contemporary ginger within the freezer. Merely grate the frozen ginger straight into the pan everytime you want it and throw it again within the freezer! The flavour is so significantly better and brighter.
- Cornstarch– used as a thickener.
How you can Make Stir Fry Sauce:
To make the sauce by itself:
- Whisk all the components collectively in a small saucepan. Simmer over medium-high warmth for five minutes, stirring frequently, till the sauce is thickened.
- Serve over cooked protein and veggies or use as a dipping sauce.
To make use of the sauce in your stir fry:
- Prepare dinner your required protein in about 1-2 tablespoons of oil in a big skillet over medium-high warmth till good and browned. Add your blended greens. Proceed cooking till the protein is cooked by means of and the veggies are crisp tender.
- In the meantime, whisk collectively the sauce in a small bowl or liquid measuring cup. Pour over the protein and veggies within the skillet and simmer for about 5 minutes or till the sauce has thickened.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
We instructed you it was straightforward!! As a rule of thumb, I exploit about 5 cups of contemporary veggies and 1 pound of protein with this stir fry sauce recipe. It leaves sufficient sauce to pour over rice, however not an excessive amount of.
What Greens ought to I exploit for Stir Fry?
Virtually any veggies will work! However these are a few of our favorites:
- Bell Peppers
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Snow Peas
- White or Yellow Onions
TIP: If you’re in a selected rush, simply throw in a bag of frozen stir-fry veggies! One thing is healthier than nothing, proper?
Extra Asian-Impressed Dinner Concepts:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup rooster broth
- 1/3 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon contemporary ginger
Whisk all the components collectively in a small bowl of liquid measuring cup.
Pour sauce over cooked protein and crisp-tender veggies. Simmer over medium-high warmth for five minutes, till the sauce is thickened.
Or, pour the sauce components right into a small saucepan and prepare dinner over medium-high warmth for five minutes or till thickened.
Energy: 51kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 2g | Fats: 0.1g | Saturated Fats: 0.01g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.01g | Monounsaturated Fats: 0.01g | Ldl cholesterol: 0.4mg | Sodium: 794mg | Potassium: 46mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.4mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and robust promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you’ll find numerous scrumptious recipes stuffed with fruits and veggies, ideas for getting your youngsters to eat higher and turn into intuitive eaters and many assets for feeding your loved ones.