This Gradual Cooker Turkey Sausage & Bell Peppers Recipe is a straightforward, wholesome dinner with kielbasa and plenty of bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes.
That is a kind of dump meals that’s so quick and simple to arrange. Chopping the veggies is the toughest half, then your work is basically accomplished.
This can be a nice selection for a wholesome dinner so as to add to your meal plan, packed filled with veggies to load you up on vitamins (you eat plenty of colours of the rainbow with this recipe!).
It additionally makes a fantastic freezer meal, too! You are able to do the entire prep forward of time, freeze it in a gallon ziplock bag, then simply dump it in your crockpot the day you wish to eat it and let the sluggish cooker work its magic!
How To Make Gradual Cooker Turkey Sausage & Bell Peppers
I like to make use of Hillshire Farms Naturals turkey kielbasa for this recipe as a result of I like that it doesn’t use nitrates, however any cooked turkey or rooster sausage will work!
Chop all your veggies and sausage and dump it into your sluggish cooker.
As I discussed, that’s the toughest half! You’ll be able to even purchase pre-chopped onions and peppers in your produce part if you wish to splurge.
I take advantage of my 7-quart Frigidaire Skilled sluggish cooker for this recipe, however any 7-quart sluggish cooker will work!
Now, pour within the diced tomatoes (I like the added taste the fire-roasted selection provides, however you’re welcome to make use of plain or Italian seasoned diced tomatoes as an alternative!)…
and the entire seasonings…
and stir all of it up!
That’s it for the prep.
And it’s all able to cook dinner! You’ll be able to select to cook dinner it on excessive for 4-6 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
All sluggish cookers cook dinner a bit in another way so simply maintain a little bit of a watch on it to see if it wants and roughly time.
And, whenever you elevate the lid, you’ll have a stunning crock filled with scrumptious veggies and protein!
You’ll discover there’s a little bit of liquid in there, which makes a scrumptious sauce whenever you combine in entire grain pasta, brown rice, or quinoa.
I selected to combine in some leftover pasta and there was simply sufficient sauce to coat the pasta completely.
That’s all there may be to it! This makes a fantastic dump meal, a wholesome dinner for these particularly busy weeknights, and I’ve used it usually in our weekly meal prep.
What Do I Serve With Sausage & Peppers?
That is principally a one-pot meal, so that you don’t essentially want anything with it, however you’ll be able to serve it with:
- whole-grain pasta
- brown rice
- entire wheat bread (as a facet or you may use entire wheat hoagies to make sausage & pepper sandwiches!)
Trying For Extra Wholesome One-Pot Dinner Concepts?
- 12oz turkey kielbasa, reduce in bite-sized items
- 2 inexperienced bell peppers, seeded and reduce into 1” chunks
- 2 crimson peppers, seeded and reduce into 1” chunks
- 2 yellow peppers, seeded and reduce into 1” chunks
- 1 giant yellow onion, reduce into chunks
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbs Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbs tomato paste
- 28oz fireplace roasted diced tomatoes
- salt & pepper, to style
- Optionally available 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- For serving: brown rice, entire wheat pasta, quinoa, and so forth
- Pour all elements apart from non-compulsory cheese into sluggish cooker and cook dinner for 4-6 hours on excessive or 6-8 hours on low.
- Stir, strive a chew, and add salt and pepper, to style.
- If desired, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and change lid for about 5 minutes, or till cheese is melted.
- Serve over entire wheat pasta, brown rice, or quinoa.
**The dietary data doesn’t embrace pasta, rice, or quinoa.
Serving Measurement: 1/6
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 174Whole Fats: 7gSaturated Fats: 2gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 0gLdl cholesterol: 40mgSodium: 686mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 12g
Pin This Recipe For Later!