In the case of all-around baked good efficiency, it’s arduous to beat Cornbread Muffins. Moist, fluffy, and made with wholesome elements, these straightforward cornbread muffins are acceptable for any and all instances of day.
Mega-moist (far out of your common crumbly cornbread muffin), and made with better-for-you elements, these Southern cornbread muffins are a twist on my mom’s basic cornbread batter.
The very best half? You’ll be able to get pleasure from them in each candy and savory functions.
Dunk one with a bowl of Vegetarian Chili or get pleasure from it drizzled with honey beside a scoop of vanilla Greek yogurt.
(I guess they’d even double as an unconventional base for this Peach Shortcake recipe.)
Regardless of the way you select to gobble up these muffins, they’re positive to turn out to be an instantaneous hit along with your family and friends.
Plus, they’re so easy to make, you don’t want a field!
5 Star Assessment
“These are one of the best cornbread muffins! We ate them for breakfast and with dinner. Complete batch gone in a day.”
— Patricia —
Learn how to Make Cornbread Muffins
This deceptively wholesome and straightforward cornbread muffin recipe is a brilliant, tasty method to start (or finish) your day.
Like lots of my favourite wholesome muffin recipes, they use easy swaps to up the dietary worth, with out compromising taste or moisture texture.
These cornbread muffins are candy however solely subtly so.
You’ll be able to smear one with Strawberry Chia Jam for breakfast, then get pleasure from one other at lunch beside a bowl of Wholesome Turkey Chili.
In case you’d like 100% savory cornbread muffins, I recommend baking this Mexican Cornbread in a muffin pan.
- Cornmeal. Lends these healthful cornbread muffins their quintessential taste and the particular texture that makes them comfortable on the within and barely crisp on the skin.
- Flour. A 50/50 mix of all function and complete wheat pastry flour is the right mixture of fluffy and nutritious.
- Sugar. Sweetens the muffins a contact and improves the tenderness of the crumb. (And sure, I like sugar or honey in my cornbread! Don’t object till you style one.)
- Applesauce. Provides moisture to the muffins with out further fats (identical to in these Applesauce Muffins).
- Baking Powder. Our leavening agent that offers these southern cornbread muffins their good rise.
- Eggs. Our star muffin binder.
- Butter. For moisture, softness, and basic butter style baked proper into each chew. We’re utilizing melted butter that has been cooled.
- Skim Milk. I made a decision to skip the buttermilk (and put it aside for these Buttermilk Blueberry Muffins) and bitter cream and reached for skim milk to make these cornbread muffins wholesome.
- Mix the dry elements. Put aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk collectively the moist elements.
- Pour the moist elements into the dry elements, and stir to mix. Don’t over combine.
- Let the batter relaxation at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Spoon the batter into ready muffin cups, filling every nicely to the highest.
- Bake cornbread muffins at 350 levels F for 23 to 25 minutes, till the tops are calmly crisp and golden brown. ENJOY!
This old school cornbread muffin recipe is the right base for corn muffin creativity. Listed here are a number of of my favorites:
- Blueberry Cornbread Muffins. Add 3/4 recent or frozen blueberries to the batter (if utilizing frozen, no have to thaw first).
- Jalapeno-Cheddar Cornbread Muffins. Add 1/4 cup diced recent jalapeno and 1/2 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese to the completed batter (or bake this tacky Jalapeno Cornbread or Mexican Cornbread in a muffin panin a muffin pan).
- Jam-Stuffed Cornbread Muffins. After baking, fill every muffin along with your favourite raspberry, blueberry, or strawberry jam. To take action, spoon 3/4 cup of seedless jam right into a pastry bag fitted with a big spherical tip. Push the tip into the highest of the muffin and squeeze 1-2 tablespoons of jam into the middle, till you concern it might burst. YUM.
- To Retailer. Leftover muffins will hold nicely in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 2 days.
- To Freeze. Place muffins in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze till stable. Switch the frozen muffins to an hermetic, freezer-safe storage container or ziptop bag for as much as 3 months. Thaw and revel in as desired.
What to Serve with Cornbread Muffins
With breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a snack—anytime is a good time for a batch of wholesome cornbread muffins.
Beneficial Instruments to Make this Recipe
- Muffin Tin. This commonplace 12-cup muffin tin is my go-to for baking muffins and cupcakes each time.
- Mixing Bowls. I like this nested glass mixing bowl set as a result of it saves valuable space for storing.
- Picket Spoons. To forestall overmixing the batter, I sometimes choose to combine by hand reasonably than utilizing a mixer when making muffin recipes.
The Finest Muffin Tin
The nonstick materials in these tins makes eradicating the muffins a breeze and in addition browns evenly!
A muffin you possibly can get pleasure from for breakfast, lunch, dinner AND dessert? Signal me up!
Steadily Requested Questions
Swap the all-purpose and complete wheat flours for a trusted 1-to-1 gluten-free flour that you’ve got had success with up to now. Cornmeal is of course gluten free (simply verify your labels to substantiate the model you purchase is processed in a gluten-free licensed facility if crucial).
Basically. Many cornbread recipes made in a forged iron skillet can usually be tailored into muffins and vice versa by enjoying round with the oven temperature and baking time.
Positive! Whereas I’ve not used them myself to make Cornbread Stuffing, I think about they might work. The stuffing could also be extra crumbly, because the muffins are slightly extra tender than basic cornbread. In case you attempt these in a cornbread stuffing recipe, I might love to listen to your outcomes.
For the Corn Muffins
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal (instructed: medium grind, however don’t use coarse)
- 1 1/2 cups complete wheat pastry flour or white complete wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 massive eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
In a big mixing bowl, mix the cornmeal, complete wheat pastry flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a big bowl. In a separate bowl, combine collectively the milk, eggs, applesauce, and melted, cooled butter.
Slowly pour the moist elements into the dry elements, and stir with a wood spoon, till they’re simply blended. Don’t over combine. Enable the combination to relaxation at room temperature for 20 minutes.
In the meantime, preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or calmly grease with cooking spray. Spoon the batter into the tin, filling every one simply to the highest.
Bake the corn muffins for 23-25 minutes, till the tops are calmly crisp and a toothpick inserted within the middle comes out clear. Let cool for five minutes within the pan, then gently switch to a wire rack to chill fully…or get pleasure from them heat straight away.
- RECIPE VARIATION: I initially shared this muffin recipe with a jam filling. After the muffins cool, spoon 3/4 cup seedless raspberry preserves right into a pastry bag fitted with a big spherical tip. Push the tip into the highest of the muffin and squeeze 1-2 tablespoons of jam into the middle, till you concern it might burst. Repeat for every muffin.
- TO STORE: Leftover muffins will hold nicely in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 2 days.
- TO FREEZE: Place muffins in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze till stable. Switch the frozen muffins to an hermetic freezer-safe storage container or ziptop bag for as much as 3 months. Thaw and revel in as desired.
Serving: 1(of 12)Energy: 252kcalCarbohydrates: 44gProtein: 7gFats: 6gSaturated Fats: 3gPolyunsaturated Fats: 1gMonounsaturated Fats: 2gTrans Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 38mgPotassium: 386mgFiber: 3gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 225IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 141mgIron: 2mg
Be part of at this time and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite recipes and entry FREE meal plans.
Making stealthy wholesome muffins is a ardour of mine. Listed here are extra of my favourite wholesome muffin recipes: