Heat oven-fried crispy coconut hen strips over a mattress of child greens, cucumber, tomato, and shredded carrots topped with a heat honey mustard French dressing – the right mixture of salty and candy and cold and warm.
Coconut Hen Salad with Honey Mustard French dressing
I’m unsure what it’s about spring – perhaps the considered having to get into a showering go well with in just some months, or maybe it’s simply the sunshine that switches my mind from wanting fewer soups and stews and extra giant entree salads. This Coconut Hen Salad has loads of protein to maintain me glad, and the heat of the hen doesn’t depart me feeling like I’m lacking one thing. It’s excellent for lunch or dinner. Extra of my favourite heat hen salads are this BBQ Hen Salad and Grilled Romaine, Corn, and Hen Salad with Salsa Dressing.
How you can Make Coconut Hen
Hen tenders for dinner are by no means a foul concept. Right here they’re coated in panko, crushed corn flakes and shredded coconut. Served over a giant salad, and a heat honey mustard dressing.
- Prep: Put the egg whites in a single shallow bowl and the coconut, panko, cornflakes, and salt in one other.
- Coat: Flippantly season the hen with salt, dip within the egg whites, and canopy it with the cornflake combination.
- Bake: Place the hen on a parchment-lined baking sheet, spray with olive oil, and bake for half-hour at 375 levels, turning midway.
Honey Mustard French dressing Components
This heat honey mustard French dressing is tremendous easy to make. Apart from honey and Dijon mustard, you’ll simply want white wine vinegar and olive oil. Whisk the elements collectively and warmth within the microwave.
- Protein: For those who don’t have hen tenders, purchase a pack of boneless, skinless hen breasts and lower them into strips. For those who don’t need to use hen, swap it for coconut shrimp or fish sticks, like cod or flounder, lower into strips.
- Air Fryer: It’s also possible to prepare dinner this hen tenders within the air fryer: Preheat the air fryer to 400 levels and prepare dinner the strips for 5 to 6 minutes on both sides.
- Cornflakes: I feel the cornflake crumbs give the hen a pleasant, crispy texture, however in case you don’t need to purchase an entire field for this recipe, you possibly can double the panko or use corn Chex or unseasoned breadcrumbs.
- Gluten-Free Coconut Hen: Use gluten-free panko and cornflakes. Not all manufacturers of cornflakes are gluten-free, so double test the bundle.
- Coconut: For those who don’t have sweetened coconut, unsweetened will work.
- Eggs: For those who’re allergic to eggs, coat the hen in Dijon or mayonnaise to get the crumbs to stay.
- Vinegar: For those who don’t have white wine vinegar, sub it with apple cider vinegar or lemon juice.
- Salad Components: You should use any salad elements that you’ve readily available. Use kale or arugula as the bottom, and add fruits and veggies, like avocado, mango, or bell pepper.
Extra Hen Salad Recipes You’ll Love:
Coconut Hen Salad with Heat Honey Mustard French dressing
Heat oven-fried coconut hen tenders over a mattress of child greens, cucumber, tomato, shredded carrots topped with a sizzling honey mustard French dressing.
- 6 hen tenderloins, (about 12 oz)
- 6 tbsp shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup panko crumbs, or GF panko
- 2 tbsp corn flake crumbs, crushed
- 1/3 cup egg whites, crushed
- pinch salt
- olive oil spray
- 6 cups combined child greens
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 giant tomato, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
For the French dressing:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp white vinegar, balsamic would work too
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
Whisk all French dressing elements; put aside.
Preheat oven to 375F.
Mix coconut flakes, panko, cornflake crumbs and salt in a bowl.
Put egg whites or egg beaters in one other bowl.
Flippantly season hen with salt. Dip the hen within the egg, then within the coconut crumb combination.
Place hen on a cookie sheet lined with parchment for simple cleanup. Flippantly spray with olive oil spray and bake for 25 to half-hour turning midway, or till hen is cooked via.
Place 2 cups child greens on every plate. Divide carrots, cucumber, tomato evenly between every plate.
When hen is prepared slice on the diagonal and place on high of greens.
Warmth dressing within the microwave just a few seconds and divide equally between every salad; somewhat over 1 tbsp every.
Air Fryer Instructions: Air Fry in a single layer 400F levels 5 to six minutes on both sides.
Serving: 1salad with 2 hen tenders, Energy: 397kcal, Carbohydrates: 32.5g, Protein: 27g, Fats: 11g, Fiber: 4.5g, Sugar: 10g
WW Factors Plus: 8
Key phrases: Coconut Hen, coconut hen recipe, Coconut Hen Salad, crispy coconut hen, crispy coconut hen strips