This mild and ethereal Chocolate Peppermint Mousse is the proper dessert in the course of the vacation season. Creamy chocolate meets a touch of peppermint between layers of fluffy whipped cream.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe:
When you observe a gluten and dairy free food regimen, you recognize that a whole lot of the time it means skipping out on a whole lot of the ice lotions, sizzling cocoa flavors, and such. However I’m at all times in search of methods to include these vacation flavors in a more healthy approach that works for us! When you’d requested me a couple of years in the past if I believed dairy free desserts might be scrumptious, I most likely would have rolled my eyes at you and requested you to go me the caramel sauce.
As a substitute of constructing a number of dishes to fulfill totally different dietary needs- I needed a strategy to make a scrumptious gluten and dairy free desserts that EVERYONE loves. And this Chocolate Peppermint Mousse completely delivers. It has all of the fluffy creaminess that we love about mousse, with massive chocolate taste and simply the correct trace of peppermint. It completely satisfies our candy tooth with out being overly candy or heavy.
Plus… it’s extremely simple to make and simply seems so visually interesting. It’s undoubtedly one in all our very favourite vacation desserts!
Elements for Chocolate Peppermint Mousse:
- darkish chocolate– to be really dairy-free, ensure you use a dairy free chocolate bar. We like Lily’s
- milk chocolate– we desire utilizing finely chopped chocolate bars, however chocolate chips will work in a pinch. Simply give them a tough chop.
- coconut milk– ensure you are utilizing canned, full-fat coconut milk or unsweetened coconut cream. In any other case, it received’t thicken up if you whip it. You’ll find yourself with Chocolate Peppermint Soup. Most likely nonetheless scrumptious, however not what you’re going for right here!
- peppermint extract– if you’re in search of a straight Chocolate Mousse, you possibly can go away this out, or sub it with vanilla extract. Or, attempt orange extract or zest for a yummy Chocolate Orange Mousse.
Elective, however probably not:
- heavy cream– for a dairy free dessert, use dairy free whipped topping or comparable various. In any other case, sweeten as desired and whip to a stiff peak.
- peppermint candies– crushed peppermint candies add a scrumptious crunch and extra punch of peppermint. It is a wonderful means to make use of up all these sweet canes that present up this time of 12 months!
How you can Make Chocolate Peppermint Mousse:
- Chop chocolate. You need a advantageous chop- you may be counting on the warmth of the coconut milk to soften the chocolate.
- Warmth coconut milk. Warmth till extremely popular and bubbles kind across the fringe of the pan. Don’t boil!
- Whisk. Pour the heated coconut milk over the chopped chocolate and whisk till the chocolate is melted.
- Chill. You wish to make certain your combination is totally cooled and thickened. A minimum of 4-5 hours, however it might take longer.
- Beat. Utilizing a hand or stand mixer with a whisk attachment, beat till thick and ethereal. This will take for much longer than you would possibly assume! Don’t quit. Simply hold beating, it can get there finally!
Extra Scrumptious Vacation Dessert Recipes:
- 1 cup darkish chocolate bar roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate bar roughly chopped
- 1 14 ounce can coconut milk full fats
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 5 every peppermint candies crushed
Finely chop the chocolate and put in medium mixing bowl.
In a small saucepan, warmth the coconut milk till it is rather sizzling, however don’t carry to a boil. It should begin to steam and small bubbles will kind across the fringe of the pot.
Pour the recent coconut milk over the chopped chocolate and whisk till mixed and the chocolate is melted. Stir within the peppermint extract. Chill within the fridge for 4-5 hours or till it has cooled fully and thickened.
As soon as the combination has chilled and thickened, beat with a hand mixer (or in a stand mixer with a whisk attachment) till mild, ethereal and fluffy. This might take as much as 10 minutes to realize the correct texture. It would seem to be it will not get thick.. simply hold beating. It should get there!
Whip the heavy cream and sweeten to your required sweetness with confectioners sugar.
Now you can both spoon the chocolate mousse into bowls, or switch right into a piping bag and pipe into fancy glasses. Alternate the mousse and whipped cream layers. It’s also possible to add bits of crushed peppermint sweet within the layers, or simply sprinkle it on high as a garnish. Hold within the fridge till able to serve. Take pleasure in!
Energy: 480kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 5g | Fats: 37g | Saturated Fats: 22g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 11g | Trans Fats: 0.01g | Ldl cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 20mg | Potassium: 406mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 454IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 6mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and powerful promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you will see plenty of scrumptious recipes stuffed with fruits and veggies, ideas for getting your children to eat higher and grow to be intuitive eaters and many assets for feeding your loved ones.