“Unfold the love” goes literal (and deliciously snackable!) with this Chocolate Hummus. Sound odd? Stick with me right here. It’s thick and creamy, evenly candy, and made for dipping with fruit, pretzels, graham crackers, or my most well-liked consumption technique: from the bowl with a spoon.
My first chocolate hummus expertise was at a pal’s home.
She’d purchased a container of Dealer Joe’s chocolate hummus (apparently, it has a little bit of a cult following), and I took a tiny chunk out of pure curiosity.
My verdict was a progressive one.
- First, it tasted totally different (like Avocado Brownies), however not in a nasty manner.
- Then it was fairly gratifying.
- Then I began piling it onto my plate with what would most likely be considered unhealthy manners.
Principally, I used to be hooked from that second onward and knew I wanted to create a home made chocolate hummus recipe ASAP.
5 Star Evaluation
“AMAZING! Subtly candy, clean, and scrumptious with strawberries and pretzels! I can not wait to make one other batch!”
— Sarah —
About Chocolate Hummus
For those who’re new to the chocolate hummus sport, it’s possible you’ll be questioning when and the right way to serve chocolate hummus.
You may serve it as an appetizer with fruit and pretzels, or as a dessert with graham crackers or shortbread cookies.
I particularly like to deliver it to events as a result of it’s distinctive and sudden (like my favourite Edamame Hummus).
One more reason I like to deliver this recipe to events: chocolate hummus is wholesome for you general, particularly when in comparison with different typical celebration dishes.
- Chickpeas are excessive in fiber and protein, they usually include a number of nutritional vitamins and minerals.
- Tahini provides tons of nutritional vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Maple syrup sweetens the hummus naturally, and it additionally provides tons of antioxidants.
- What you serve chocolate hummus with makes it wholesome, too, particularly should you add fruit.
This recipe is a pleasant approach to sneak a wholesome possibility into any unfold (as are these Candy Potato Brownies). It’s additionally naturally vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
Tips on how to Make Chocolate Hummus
Unbeknownst to these at your desk, this creamy and wholesome chocolate hummus recipe isn’t simply loaded with loads of chocolate taste however PACKED with protein, fiber, and the pure sweetness of maple syrup.
Idiot them subsequent with this wholesome Avocado Chocolate Mousse.
- Chickpeas. The important thing to the creamy texture and richness. Select low-sodium canned chickpeas or cooked garbanzo beans for this hummus. For an additional chickpea dessert, attempt these Chickpea Blondies.
- Cocoa Powder. The primary occasion for delicious chocolatey goodness!
- Tahini. Deliciously savory and creamy. Relying on which grocery retailer you go to, tahini could be positioned in a few totally different locations. Most frequently, you will see that it close to the nut butter or within the worldwide/ethnic aisle.
- Maple Syrup. For pure sweetness! You may simply regulate the quantity to fit your tastes. For those who don’t want the chocolate hummus vegan, you need to use honey.
- Espresso Powder. That is my secret to intensifying the chocolate taste of any recipe. It’s elective, however in case you are a critical darkish chocolate lover, I extremely advocate it.
- Vanilla. Vanilla + chocolate = dream workforce!
What do you dip in chocolate hummus?
You may serve this chocolate hummus with so many issues (or get pleasure from it proper off the spoon!), however listed here are just a few of my favourite concepts:
- Chips. The final word salty/candy combination. Pretzels, pita chips, or plain potato chips could be scrumptious. Be certain the chips are sturdy (like pretzels), so that they don’t break within the dip.
- Fruit. Scrumptious with chocolate, and it makes a wonderful presentation. Strawberries, sliced inexperienced apple, dried apricots, banana chips, and grapes are all nice choices.
- Cookies/Crackers. Make it a decadent dessert with shortbread cookies or graham crackers.
- Rice Desserts. Unfold the chocolate hummus generously excessive, and benefit from the crunch.
- Toast. Attempt spreading this hummus generously over toasted bread, then piling sliced contemporary bananas or strawberries on high.
- Add the tahini and cocoa powder to the bowl of a meals processor. Drizzle scorching water over the cocoa, then puree it till clean. Pour within the maple syrup and puree once more.
- Add the remaining elements, and puree as soon as extra. If wanted, regulate the sweetness and consistency to your tastes.
- Serve the hummus in a bowl with dippers of selection. ENJOY!
- To Retailer. Place leftover hummus in an hermetic storage container within the fridge for as much as 10 days.
- To Freeze. Retailer chocolate hummus in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container within the freezer for as much as 3 months. Earlier than serving, let thaw in a single day within the fridge and stir effectively.
What to Serve with Chocolate Hummus
Spherical out your appetizer unfold with extra of those dippable delights.
Advisable Instruments to Make This Recipe
Be the cool child at your subsequent gathering who brings the chocolate hummus.
Nobody has to comprehend it’s wholesome chocolate 😉
Ceaselessly Requested Questions
Sure! If the thought of chickpeas in a dessert-ish recipe weirds you out, I get it. Beans? In a candy recipe? I, too, had my doubts till these Black Bean Brownies proved me flawed. Relaxation assured, the style of the chickpeas in chocolate hummus is sort of completely masked. They merely give the chocolate hummus physique, creaminess, and they’re wholesome for you too.
For those who had no thought it was hummus and took a chunk, you would possibly simply suppose you dipped right into a creamy home made chocolate frosting. The opposite chocolate hummus elements have their very own distinctive flavors, which efficiently masks a lot of the chickpea taste. It’s evenly chocolaty from the cocoa powder, nutty from the tahini (a sesame seed paste much like peanut butter), and subtly candy from the maple syrup. When you can style the garbanzo beans, their taste is tremendous gentle.
Sure! For those who’re on the lookout for a vegan or vegetarian protein-rich snack, this chocolate hummus is a superb possibility. Chickpeas are a superb supply of plant-based protein that additionally include fiber and B nutritional vitamins.
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons scorching water plus further as wanted
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup plus further to style
- 15 ounces low sodium chickpeas rinsed and drained, or 1 1/2 cups cooked garbanzo beans (1 can)
- 1/2 teaspoon on the spot espresso powder elective; will yield a extra intense chocolate taste
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- For serving: pretzels strawberries, sliced inexperienced apple, dried apricots, banana chips, grapes
To the bowl of a meals processor fitted with a metal blade, add the tahini and cocoa powder, putting the cocoa instantly on high of the tahini. Drizzle the new water on high of the cocoa. Puree till clean.
Pour within the maple syrup. Puree once more, then scrape down the bowl.
Add the chickpeas, espresso powder, vanilla, and salt. Puree for 3 to 4 minutes, stopping the bowl to scrape down the bowl midway by means of. Style and mix in further maple syrup should you’d just like the hummus sweeter. After getting it as candy as you want, whether it is thicker than you desire to, mix in an extra 1 to 2 tablespoons water. It ought to be thick and creamy, however nonetheless “dippable.”
Switch the hummus to a serving bowl. Serve with dippers of selection and dive in!
- TO STORE: Place in an hermetic storage container within the fridge for as much as 10 days.
- TO FREEZE: Retailer chocolate hummus in an hermetic freezer-safe storage container within the freezer for as much as 3 months. Earlier than serving, let thaw in a single day within the fridge and stir effectively.
Serving: 1(of 8), about 1/4 cupEnergy: 143kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 5gFats: 6gSaturated Fats: 1gPotassium: 199mgFiber: 4gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 8IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 50mgIron: 1mg
Be a part of right now and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite recipes and entry FREE meal plans.
Extra wholesome snacks for chocolate lovers.