Cervélo introduced Thursday that stems on a variety of highway bikes might permit the handlebar to slide on the beneficial torque.
On Sept. 15, Cervélo USA recalled a number of R5 and Caledonia-5 highway bikes and framesets over a torque downside on the stem. The model’s ST31 LT substitute stem can be affected.
The recall comes from the stem faceplate, which might permit the handlebar to slide on the producer’s beneficial stem bolt torque degree—an elevated fall hazard outcomes. Cervélo has acquired 13 studies of the difficulty as of this writing, and one has resulted in an harm, in accordance with the U.S. Client Product Security Fee (CPSC).
Cervélo sellers nationwide offered the bicycles and substitute stems from Could 2021 by way of July 2022 for between $5,000 and $13,000 for the bikes and about $300 for the stems. The recall impacts roughly 1,800 bikes and 182 stems, the CPSC mentioned, and one other roughly 243 bikes offered in Canada.
Affected bikes, framesets, and what to do
- R5 Dura Ace Di2 — 5 Black
- R5 Crimson eTap AXS — 5 Black
- R5 Drive eTap AXS — Lime/Black
- R5 Drive eTap AXS — 5 Black
- R5 Ultegra Di2 — Lime/Black
- R5 Ultegra Di2 — 5 Black
- R5 Frameset — 5 Black
- R5 Frameset —Lime/Black
- R5 Frameset — Jumbo-Visma Duplicate
- Caledonia-5 Dura Ace Di2 — Oasis
- Caledonia-5 Crimson eTap AXS — 5 Black
- Caledonia-5 Frameset — 5 Black
- Caledonia-5 Frameset — Aqua Pearl
- Caledonia-5 Frameset — Oasis
- ST31 LT Alternative Stem — Black
If in case you have one of many two recalled fashions or the substitute stem, it’s best to cease driving instantly and phone a licensed Cervélo seller, the CPSC suggested. The seller will prepare for a free restore to switch the faceplate.
Alternatively, you possibly can fill out a web based kind for those who fall underneath particular standards per Cervélo.