Let me begin by saying this recipe is perhaps your new fav method to eat your veggies. These caramelized garlic carrots are completely tender, a bit of candy, and drizzled with a contemporary, spicy, creamy jalapeño cilantro yogurt sauce that’s lick-the-plate good.
I initially examined this recipe final 12 months utilizing candy potato, and whereas it was tasty, the feel and taste of the carrots had been actually unbeatable. We couldn’t cease nibbling on little bites all through the day and saved going again to dip into that unbelievable inexperienced sauce. I topped these with cilantro, mint and basil, which I extremely advocate sticking to as a result of every chunk is a severe taste explosion with the contemporary herbs.
Skip the boring boiled carrots or inexperienced beans and prepare to wow everybody (I imply EVERYONE) with this superb carrot dish. Extra sauce choices and methods to show it into the proper salad are within the full publish!
FREE Final Thanksgiving Information (+ printable guidelines!)
Whether or not you’re internet hosting or simply attending, this Final Thanksgiving Information e-mail collection is for everybody. Enter your e-mail under to get all of my finest recipes, ideas, and a FREE printable guidelines for your entire Thanksgiving wants.
Every part you’ll must make these caramelized garlic carrots
There are 3 superb parts to this caramelized garlic carrot salad: the deliciously caramelized carrots themselves, a spicy jalapeño cilantro dressing, and exquisite garnishes that pull the dish collectively. Right here’s what you’ll want:
- For the carrots: we’re giving the carrots a deep caramelized taste by cooking them with butter, a lot of garlic, and honey or maple syrup. Don’t overlook to season with salt and pepper, too.
- For the dressing: this spicy jalapeño dressing is the proper complement to the candy carrots. It’s made with contemporary cilantro, greek yogurt, olive oil, lime juice, a bit of sugar, garlic, a jalapeño, and loads of salt and pepper.
- To garnish: bear in mind to garnish these infants with contemporary torn basil, cilantro and mint! The contemporary, herby combo is SO scrumptious paired with the candy and spicy flavors. I additionally like so as to add chopped honey roasted peanuts or cashews and purple chili flakes.
Customise your carrots
These caramelized garlic carrots are unbelievable as-is, however they’re straightforward to customise to your style preferences as properly!
- Make them vegan: use maple syrup as an alternative of honey within the carrots themselves, then be happy to make use of a dairy free yogurt within the dressing or attempt my Jalapeño Inexperienced Tahini Sauce.
- Cut back the warmth: in case you’re delicate to spice, merely de-seed your jalapeño and skip the purple chili flakes on high.
- Go refined sugar free: rather than the white sugar within the dressing you may as well use coconut sugar.
Experiment with totally different veggies
We initially examined these caramelized carrots utilizing candy potato, which additionally labored! I most well-liked the feel of the carrots, however candy potato and even cubed butternut squash could be an amazing various you probably have both available.
Let’s speak dressing
This unbelievable jalapeño cilantro dressing provides contemporary taste, creaminess and a kick of warmth to the carrots. Please observe you may need additional dressing, however it can keep good within the fridge for as much as 1 week. Be happy to make use of it as a dip, sauce for roasted veggies, and even as a yummy rooster or shrimp marinade. It additionally makes a superb salad dressing, too! You can additionally attempt my:
Our favourite method to increase this carrot salad
If you wish to make this salad go a bit additional, I recommend including 3-4 cups of arugula onto the platter earlier than you high it with the nice and cozy carrots. Then end with the dressing and garnishes and revel in! You’ll be able to even add your favourite proteins like cooked rooster or salmon for a full meal.
Make this dish forward of time
Save time over the vacations and prep this carrot dish 1-2 days forward of time by:
- Slicing your carrots storing them in an hermetic container within the fridge
- After which mixing the dressing collectively and storing it in an hermetic container within the fridge as properly
That method you possibly can get up, prepare dinner the carrots, drizzle the dressing, garnish and serve!
Retailer any leftover carrots in an hermetic container within the fridge and be happy to take pleasure in straight from the fridge as a chilly salad when you’ve added the dressing.
Extra Thanksgiving recipes to serve
I hope you like these caramelized garlic carrots! When you make them be sure you depart a remark and a ranking so I understand how you favored them. Take pleasure in, xo!
Caramelized Garlic Carrots with Spicy Cilantro Yogurt Sauce
Flavorful caramelized garlic carrots with a creamy, spicy cilantro yogurt sauce. Contemporary reduce carrots are cooked in butter, sliced garlic cloves, and a contact of sweetener then drizzled with a beautiful inexperienced dressing and garnished with a lot of contemporary herbs. An incredible vegetarian facet dish that feels fancy and is perhaps your new fav method to eat carrots!
- For the carrots:
carrots, reduce diagonally into ½ inch slices
- Freshly floor salt and pepper
garlic, thinly sliced
honey or maple syrup
- Spicy Jalapeno Cilantro Dressing:
contemporary chopped cilantro (a giant handful)
plain greek yogurt
olive oil or avocado oil
sugar (or sub coconut sugar)
small jalapeno (don’t seed if you need it spicy)*
salt, plus extra to style
- Freshly floor black pepper
- Optionally available: 1-2 teaspoons water, to skinny sauce if needed
- To garnish:
- Contemporary torn basil, cilantro and mint
- Chopped honey roasted peanuts or cashews (about 2-3 tablespoons)
- Purple chile flakes
Make the dressing: add substances to a blender or meals processor and mix/course of till properly mixed. Dressing ought to be capable of be drizzled however not too thick. If needed add a teaspoon or two of water to skinny the dressing. Put aside within the fridge till you’re completed and able to put over the salad.
Add 1 tablespoon of butter to a big skillet and place over medium warmth. As soon as butter is melted, add within the carrots and salt; stirring properly to coat the carrots.
Cowl the skillet and prepare dinner for 10-Quarter-hour, eradicating the quilt and stirring often to stop carrots from burning. After 10-Quarter-hour, take away the quilt, add within the garlic and prepare dinner uncovered, stirring often for 10 extra minutes or till carrots are fork tender.
As soon as carrots are tender, add in maple syrup or honey and prepare dinner for a number of extra minutes. Switch carrots to a platter or fairly giant shallow bowl and drizzle with a number of tablespoons of dressing. Add torn basil, mint and cilantro on high and garnish with honey roasted peanuts or cashews and in case you’d like, some purple chili flakes. Serve heat, however truthfully I additionally LOVE this salad chilly and blended with arugula and quinoa for leftovers.
To make vegan: use maple syrup as an alternative of honey for the carrots, and a dairy free yogurt for the dressing or swap for my Jalapeño Inexperienced Tahini Sauce.
Optionally available: if you wish to make this salad go a bit additional, I recommend including 3-4 cups of arugula onto the platter earlier than you high with the nice and cozy carrots, then end with the dressing and garnishes.
Please observe you may need additional dressing, however it can keep good within the fridge for as much as 1 week. Be happy to make use of it as a dip, sauce for roasted veggies and even as a yummy rooster or shrimp marinade. It additionally makes a superb salad dressing, too!
Servings: 6 servings
Serving measurement: 1 serving (primarily based on 6)
Saturated fats: 3.1g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Pictures by: Eat Love Eats