This hearty cabbage soup with hen, pork and many greens is an easy one pot meal.
Cabbage Soup with Hen and Pork
There’s nothing like a hearty soup in center of winter. This cabbage soup is excellent consolation meals for a chilly winter night time and loaded with veggies! A couple of of my different favourite foremost dish soups are Stuffed Pepper Soup, Turkey Chili Taco Soup, and Beef, Tomato and Acini Di Pepe Soup. You’ll be able to see extra Soup Recipes right here!
My cousin Katia by means of collectively this superb soup. Made with just a few easy elements she had available, it crammed the kitchen with the aroma of consolation meals. The parts are massive, making this a filling foremost dish soup.
For those who don’t like pork, you’ll be able to add extra hen right here. It’s made with hen breast, however hen thighs would even be nice.
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Dimension: 1 3/4 cups
- 16 ounces boneless skinless hen breasts
- 1 pound nation type pork ribs, boneless
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 massive hen bouillon, comparable to Knorr
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 8 cups water
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped (about 9 cups)
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 massive leeks, chopped (whites solely)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1.5 oz brandy, omit in case you do not drink alcohol
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and black pepper, to style
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric or achiote comparable to Sazon, non-obligatory for colour
Chop meat into small chunks.
In a big pot, mix hen, pork, water and bouillon, bay leaves and cumin and convey to a boil, then simmer about quarter-hour on medium warmth.
Add the greens and remaining elements.
Cut back to low, cowl and simmer for about 45 minutes.
Please go away a score and remark letting us know the way you favored this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 3/4 cups, Energy: 217 kcal, Carbohydrates: 13 g, Protein: 26.5 g, Fats: 5 g, Saturated Fats: 1.5 g, Ldl cholesterol: 93.5 mg, Sodium: 212.5 mg, Fiber: 4 g, Sugar: 4.5 g