Curious if the Beautycounter Cleaning Balm is best for you? I’m sharing why this multi-tasking skincare product is a should for dry pores and skin. Right here’s my sincere evaluation + step-by-step recommendations on the way to use it.
The cleaning balm is one in all Beautycounter’s authentic clear skincare merchandise and continues to be a fan favourite amongst my purchasers.
I had by no means used a cleaning balm kind product myself till I began utilizing Beautycounter in 2019. Wait, you may cleanse your face with a thick balm? I used to be intrigued!
It appears counterintuitive to place a balm in your face to cleanse, nevertheless it magically melts into an oil (like coconut oil does!) and picks up filth and make-up with it as you wipe and/or rinse it again off.
Cleaning balms not solely cleanse, because the identify implies, however in addition they can be utilized to melt-off make-up and as a hydrating in a single day masks that moisturizes, too. I really like when one thing is multi-purpose, so naturally I needed to give it a strong attempt.
I’ve a jar (now in recyclable glass) of the Lotus Glow Cleaning Balm in my lavatory always. Whereas I exploit the Countermatch Foaming Cleanser within the bathe, this cleaning balm is my favourite for melting off make-up and hydrating my pores and skin earlier than slipping into mattress.
Right here is my evaluation with particular recommendations on the way to use it and if it will be a superb match on your pores and skin kind.
Beautycounter Cleaning Balm Assessment
This multi-tasking cleaning balm, good for day and evening use, hydrates whereas it cleanses, eradicating make-up and impurities with nourishing components that gained’t strip away your pores and skin’s pure moisture. (Bonus: it may also be used as a masks for a hydrating in a single day facial.)
With a mix of lotus extract, jojoba seed oil, and avocado seed oil, Lotus Glow Cleaning Balm soothes and destresses pores and skin whereas growing luminosity.
Beautycounter Cleaning Balm Components
Along with shea butter and mango seed butter, the cleaning balm has a few key components that promote wholesome, hydrated pores and skin. Plus, like all different Beautycounter merchandise, the formulation is made with out the usage of greater than 1,800 probably dangerous components. And the rose flower oil provides a delightfully refined scent.
- Jojoba Seed Oil and Avocado Seed Oil: key components for nourishing and moisturizing
- Lotus: this plant has been revered for its skin-brightening properties for hundreds of years
Beautycounter Cleaning Balm Makes use of
1. Cleanse pores and skin
How To Use the Cleaning Balm as a cleanser:
- Apply an almond dimension quantity to dry pores and skin.
- Therapeutic massage the balm into your pores and skin – take pleasure in this step, it feels so good!
- Gently wipe away with a heat water and a moist washcloth or Make-up Eraser pad (that’s what I exploit)
- Non-obligatory: some prefer to double cleanse, which means you comply with up with a second cleanse utilizing a completely different cleanser
- Full your routine with a toner, serum, and a moisturizer. I exploit the Countertime Essence, Radiance Serum (or Resurfacing Peel), and Supreme Cream.
2. Take away make-up
It removes each hint of make-up (even eye make-up) while not having a second cleanse and with out feeling like my pores and skin is stripped dry.
3. In a single day masks + moisturizer
Tips on how to use the cleaning balm as a moisturizing in a single day masks:
- Wash your face with the cleaning balm first, however wipe it off reasonably than rinse.
- Apply a second skinny layer of the balm to scrub pores and skin. Solely apply extra in the event you really feel you want it – don’t pile it on. You want only a skinny, even layer.
- Depart it on in a single day and get up to smoother, softer pores and skin. You’ll simply wash your face as regular within the morning. Because it absorbs in a single day, you gained’t have to wipe it off. It dramatically improves pores and skin hydration!
It may also be used to appease pores and skin irritations, sunburns, wind-burned/chapped cheeks, cracked heels, and extra!
I really like the thicker texture
My favourite half about it’s it’s it’s not watery so it doesn’t drip off. I can actually therapeutic massage it in with out getting my arms moist. That’s why it’s my favourite at-the-sink cleanser. I additionally suppose the thickness of a balm ensures you’re getting each inch of your face clear – it’s a slower course of than rapidly including a liquidy cleanser.
Is the Beautycounter Lotus Glow Cleaning Balm Price It?
From a price perspective, this Lotus Glow Cleaning Balm is completely value it! You solely want to make use of a small almond dimension quantity per use, so the jar lasts a very long time (I’d say 6 months!).
I exploit the cleaning balm as a cleanser on the nights I’m eradicating make-up, particularly eye make-up. I’ll apply it as a masks about as soon as per week, and the AHA Smoothing Masks as soon as per week – two fully completely different product that assist hold my pores and skin in stability.
Tip: whereas some folks with oily, acne-prone pores and skin love the Cleaning Balm, when you have naturally oily pores and skin you could not discover that is the very best cleanser for you. I’d counsel the Countercontrol Clear Pore Cleanser or Countermatch Foaming Cleanser as a every day various.
My pores and skin feels nourished instantly after utilizing the balm. The mix of calming components soothes any ounce of irritation or redness I may need. It’s definitely one in all my favourite merchandise in my winter skincare routine.
SHOP LOTUS GLOW CLEANSING BALM, $79.
New to Beautycounter? Use code CLEANFORALL20 for 20% off your order.
You might also take pleasure in:
Extra posts from Kath: