The best possible banana protein pancakes recipe you’ll attempt. Made with vanilla protein, egg, banana and some different easy elements, this banana protein pancake recipe will grow to be your new favourite high-protein breakfast!
With the vacations upon us it’s simple to get actually wrapped up in Thanksgiving and Vacation recipes. Don’t get me flawed. I really like me a superb cornbread and peppermint cookie, however we additionally must proceed our day by day lives throughout this time and it’s not all pumpkin spice and mocha all day, on a regular basis.
The opposite day these grain-free banana protein pancakes acquired a pleasant little enhance in visitors (they had been initially posted in July of 2013!) and it was a complete throwback for me. I hadn’t made them in so lengthy however the recognition made me need to attempt them once more. I forgot how scrumptious they’re and determined it was time for some recent footage.
So right here’s an oldie however goodie, non-holiday themed pancake recipe so that you can take pleasure in!
Substances for Banana Protein Pancakes
- vanilla protein powder – Please use whey protein powder. You’re welcome to attempt one other sort however they haven’t been examined with a protein powder apart from whey.
- coconut flour – the one flour in these pancakes.
- banana – Be sure you’re utilizing ripe bananas. Bananas present pure sweetness so no further sweetener is required.
- baking powder – helps create fluffy pancakes.
- 1 giant egg– provides additional protein and helps make these pancakes gentle and fluffy. You may substitute with 2 egg whites if you happen to preder.
- unsweetened almond milk – any dairy or non-dairy milk will work! I exploit unsweetened almond milk.
Methods to Make Banana Protein Pancakes
These banana protein pancakes will not be 2-Ingredient pancakes however they’re solely 2 step pancakes! They’re really easy to make and the flavour is scrumptious!
STEP 1: MIX INGREDIENTS
Whisk collectively all elements in a medium bowl. Let combination sit for five minutes to thicken.
STEP 2: COOK PANCAKES
Add butter, coconut oil or non-stick cooking spray to a big pan over medium warmth. Decrease warmth to medium-low and add a 1/4 cup of batter for every pancake. Don’t overcrowd. Let cook dinner low and gradual for 2-3 minutes on the primary aspect. Be affected person however watch fastidiously. Prepare dinner time relies on your stovetop. Flip and cook dinner for about 1 minute on the opposite aspect. Repeat till all batter is used.
Don’t Neglect the Toppings!
These banana protein pancakes style scrumptious on their very own however I extremely suggest including some toppings. Listed below are my favorites:
- Peanut butter – at all times a good suggestion!
- Almond butter – if you happen to’re allergic to peanuts or simply favor to peanut butter
- Butter + preserves
- Banana slices – for an added banana twist.
- Contemporary berries
Protein Pancake FAQs
How A lot Protein is In These Pancakes?
Actually, this relies fully on the protein powder you utilize. I don’t need to give an quantity as a result of each sort of protein powder is totally different however since this recipe solely serves one, it will likely be the quantity of protein in your scoop of protein powder plus the standard protein in 1 giant egg = 6 grams.
Are these Banana Protein Pancakes Gluten-Free?
Sure! As long as the protein powder you might be utilizing Is gluten-free, these banana protein pancakes may even be gluten-free. The one flour in these protein pancakes is coconut flour which is fully gluten-free.
Can You Use Vegan Protein Powder?
I sadly haven’t tried these with dairy-free or plant-based protein powder. I discover they work completely with whey protein powder however if you happen to do give them a attempt with a distinct sort of protein powder let me know within the feedback under!
What to High Your Protein Banana Pancakes With
I like topping my banana protein pancakes with additional banana slices and even recent berries. After all no pancake recipe is full with out maple syrup. You too can sprinkle on some cinnamon and even combine it into the batter! You can also’t go flawed including a dollop or peanut butter or different nut butter.
Methods to Meal Prep Protein Pancakes
Pancakes are nice for meal prep! I prefer to double this recipe and make additional pancakes for busy days. After cooking, enable the pancakes to chill after which retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days. Once you’re able to take pleasure in, you may reheat on the stovetop or pop in your toaster oven!
You may even freeze these banana protein pancakes and take them out if the freezer the evening earlier than to defrost. Alternatively you may take them out the morning of and re-heat them in your microwave for roughly 30 seconds.
Extra Pancake Recipes to Strive:
Banana Protein Pancakes
The best possible banana protein pancakes recipe you’ll attempt. Made with vanilla protein, egg, banana and some different easy elements, these grain-free banana protein pancakes will grow to be your new favourite high-protein breakfast recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 10 minutes
- Whole Time: quarter-hour
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Class: Breakfast
- Methodology: Prepare dinner
- Weight-reduction plan: Gluten Free
- 1 giant banana, mashed
- 1 scoop (approx. 30 grams) of vanilla whey protein powder*
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 giant egg (or 2 egg whites)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Butter/Coconut Oil/Non-stick spray for pan
- Combine collectively all elements in a medium bowl.
- Let combination sit for five minutes to thicken.
- Add butter, coconut oil or non-stick spray to a big skillet over medium warmth.
- Decrease warmth to medium-low and add a 1/4 cup of batter for every pancake. Don’t overcrowd.
- Let cook dinner low and gradual for 2-3 minutes on the primary aspect. Be affected person however watch fastidiously. Prepare dinner time relies on your stovetop. Flip and cook dinner for about 1 minute on the opposite aspect. Repeat till all batter is used.
- High with maple syrup, nut butter or preserves of alternative.
Key phrases: grain-free pancakes, protein pancakes, banana protein pancakes, grain-free banana protein pancakes
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Be part of 20,000+ members of the THM Neighborhood to get entry to unique recipes, wholesome way of life suggestions and behind-the-scenes information from our staff!