In case you’re searching for the proper fall appetizer that almost anybody will love, then look no additional — your woman made you apple and brie crostini layered with prosciutto, zippy arugula, black pepper and a drizzle of my new favourite factor on earth: HOT HONEY.
This crostini was impressed by one in all my favourite espresso outlets right here in Chicago, which additionally occurs to make ridiculously good cookies, and now sandwiches. I made a decision to take their new sandwich and rework it into an easy-to-make crostini that can blow ya thoughts. Plus they solely take about quarter-hour to throw collectively!
The flavour combo is completely candy, just a little savory, just a little spicy, and completely wonderful.
FREE Final Thanksgiving Information (+ printable guidelines!)
Whether or not you’re internet hosting or simply attending, this Final Thanksgiving Information electronic mail collection is for everybody. Enter your electronic mail under to get all of my greatest recipes, suggestions, and a FREE printable guidelines for your entire Thanksgiving wants.
Apple & brie crostini components
You’ll solely want a handful of components to make these scrumptious, straightforward apple and brie crostini. The new honey really makes them out of this world scrumptious, so don’t skip it! Right here’s what you want:
- French baguette: the bottom of the crostini that can maintain up all the yummy toppings and will get good and toasted.
- Brie cheese: we’re utilizing gooey and scrumptious brie on this recipe as a result of the flavour pairs completely with the apple, prosciutto and honey.
- Apple: I like to make use of a honeycrisp or granny smith apple for a pleasant juicy crunch.
- Prosciutto: love the candy and savory combo these crostini have because of prosciutto. Bacon would even be wonderful!
- Arugula: for a little bit of zippy peppery freshness and to make the crostini additional fairly.
What’s scorching honey?
Sizzling honey is precisely what it appears like: spicy honey! My model simply requires honey and just a little of your favourite scorching sauce or a pinch of cayenne pepper to make the new honey. Then you definitely’ll get it heat and drizzle it on these crostini. SO GOOD.
Belief me you’re going to need to put this scorching honey on every part — from sandwiches to your morning avocado toast.
Apple and brie crostini in 4 straightforward steps
- Prep your bread. Preheat the oven to 375 levels F. Line a massive baking sheet with parchment paper and place baguette slices on high. In case you can’t match all of them, you’ll want to make use of two baking sheets.
- Bake it up. Add slices of brie cheese to every crostini and bake for 7-9 minutes or till the cheese is good and melted.
- Assemble the crostini. High with an apple slice, a bit of prosciutto and some items of arugula.
- Drizzle & serve. Make the new honey within the microwave, then drizzle it over the crostini and serve them up!
Customise these apple & brie crostini
These straightforward apple and brie crostini are nice for customizing to your style preferences! Right here’s what I can advocate by way of ingredient swaps:
- Select your cheese. In case you’re not a fan of brie, be at liberty to make use of fontina, havarti or gruyere.
- Combine up your fruit. Strive pear slices, recent figs or pomegranate seeds, and even your favourite jam.
- Maintain them vegetarian. Merely go away off the prosciutto.
How you can prep crostini forward of time
I wouldn’t advocate absolutely making the crostini forward of time, however you possibly can slice your baguette and brie slices a day or two forward in order that they’re a breeze to assemble!
It’s also possible to be at liberty to make your scorching honey forward of time so to drizzle and serve the crostini shortly.
How you can retailer apple and brie crostini
These straightforward apple and brie crostini are actually greatest when loved the day-of (and particularly heat), however when you have any leftover be at liberty to retailer them within the fridge. Be happy to get pleasure from any leftovers chilly, at room temp, or re-warmed within the oven.
Extra appetizers & sides for the vacations
Try all of my Thanksgiving recipes right here, plus extra concepts for appetizers & sides:
And bear in mind, get all of my suggestions for internet hosting Thanksgiving right here!
I hope you like these apple & brie crostini with scorching honey! In case you make it remember to go away a remark and a ranking so I understand how you appreciated it. Get pleasure from, xo!
Apple & Brie Crostini with Sizzling Honey
Unbelievable apple and brie crostini with prosciutto, recent arugula and a drizzle of home made scorching honey. These straightforward brie crostini are the proper mixture of candy, savory and spicy. An exquisite appetizer for the vacations!
- For the crostini:
french baguette, lower diagonally into 1/2 inch slices
brie cheese, sliced (you’ll want as many slices as crostini slices you’ve gotten)
massive honeycrisp or granny smith apple, thinly sliced
prosciutto, lower into 20 items and rolled
- For the new honey:
scorching sauce (or sub a pinch of cayenne pepper)
Preheat the oven to 375 levels F. Line a big baking sheet with parchment paper and place baguette slices on high. In case you can’t match all of them, you’ll want to make use of two baking sheets.
Add slices of brie cheese to every crostini and bake for 7-9 minutes or till the cheese is good and melted. High with an apple slice, a bit of prosciutto and some leaves of arugula.
Make the new honey: add honey and scorching sauce to a small bowl, microwave for 10-15 seconds. Drizzle honey over the crostini. Serve instantly. Makes roughly 20-24 crostini.
Customise these apple & brie crostini
- In case you’re not a fan of brie, be at liberty to make use of fontina, havarti or gruyere.
- Be happy to combine up your fruit and take a look at pear slices, recent figs or pomegranate seeds, and even your favourite jam.
- In case you’re vegetarian, merely go away off the prosciutto.
Servings: 20 servings
Serving dimension: 1 crostini
Saturated fats: 2.3g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats