Planning a visit to Sedona, Arizona? Right here’s our day-to-day itinerary with lodging, eating places, and hikes.
My highschool mates and I’ve gotten collectively yearly, yearly, for the final 25 years (2020 was the one yr that derailed us).
Principally we meet at one another’s homes, going for walks, consuming out, and reconnecting.
This yr we spent a dreamy weekend in Sedona, the place our Winter blahs have been melted away by the Arizona solar.
Just a few vital factors about our itinerary:
- We traveled to Sedona in late-January, when the common month-to-month temperature is 31-56 levels F. It was usually chilly within the mornings, then warmed up all through the day. Listed here are common month-to-month temperatures in Sedona.
- We’re not partiers. We didn’t search out bars or stylish locations. So in the event you’re on the lookout for that, you gained’t discover it right here!
- We weren’t on tight budgets. We splurged on a spacious Airbnb that was walkable to retailers and eating places as a deal with for our fiftieth birthdays.
- We’re not hardcore hikers. We wore sneakers or mountain climbing footwear and selected hikes that have been simple or average.
- Our Airbnb got here with a Pink Rocks Cross, which should be displayed within the windshield of your automobile at sure trails. Right here’s the place you should purchase a Pink Rocks Cross.
I hope this offers you some concepts–or at the very least evokes you to go to this lovely place too!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: The right way to See 7 Utah & Arizona Nationwide Parks in 6 Days
Our Sedona Itinerary
- Arrive at Phoenix Airport mid-day, decide up rental automotive, and drive to Sedona.
- LUNCH: Cease alongside the way in which at Wildflower Bread Firm
- Arrive at Airbnb: We splurged on this four-bedroom, three-bathroom Airbnb home that has a big kitchen and lounge, scorching tub, and spacious deck with a tremendous view. We liked that it was inside strolling distance of eating places and retailers. Try the view from the kitchen window!
- Speak a stroll round city and order take-out at Elote Cafe. Tables e book up months prematurely, so make a reservation as quickly as you may (or, in the event you wait too lengthy like we did, cease by and order take-away).
- Get groceries at native Safeway (2300 W Hwy 89A): There’s additionally a close-by Entire Meals and a few native meals markets.
- Choose up take-out at Elote Cafe and eat at residence inside or out on the deck.
- Cease at Chapel of the Holy Cross on the way in which again. This spot will get busy, however we occurred to discover a parking spot. We walked as much as the chapel, peeked inside, and loved the gorgeous views.
- Cease at Son Silver West for enjoyable souvenirs: This quirky place is like an artwork gallery and gift-shop in a single.
- LUNCH: Pump Home Station. We ate large, scrumptious salads on the screened-in entrance porch.
- Stroll over to Cream & Cake Couture for treats.
- Return to the home to soak within the scorching tub and browse on the deck. Right here’s the view from our deck (and my mismatched socks!).
- Do a part of the Oak Creek Canyon Scenic Drive (AZ 89A). It is a lovely drive, however does have some switchbacks, so it’s not for nervous drivers. We drove about half-hour to a scenic overlook then drove again (you should definitely arrive on the overlook earlier than 4pm, when it closes!).
- Eat Elote Cafe leftovers for dinner with home made guacamole + chips
- BREAKFAST: Eat at Airbnb
- HIKE: Cathedral Rock ($10 parking charge). The hike up Cathedral Rock is gorgeous however troublesome. So we opted to stroll alongside the creek beneath. That is the view of Cathedral Rock from the parking zone and picnic web site. You possibly can enter the decrease path from there.
- LUNCH: Sit on the patio at 89 Agave Cantina (they’ve bought heaters). Get a load of the wonderful enchiladas with a aspect of rice and beans!
- Store downtown
- Hike Brin’s Mesa (entry from Jordan Street trailhead). This was my favourite hike of the weekend. There are a few overlooks with lovely views. Cease, sit, and benefit from the silence!
- DINNER: Hideaway Home. We ate the Kat’s Method pizza and Fall Harvest Salad outdoors on the deck, which feels such as you’re having dinner in a treehouse. Have a look at our wonderful view! (It was chilly however we had heaters on both aspect of our desk.)
- Return to the home and soak within the scorching tub and gaze on the wonderful, star-filled sky.
DAY 4: MONDAY
- Breakfast in Airbnb, utilizing no matter groceries are left.
- Say goodbye to Sedona and depart for the Phoenix airport!
Sedona Packing + Grocery Suggestions
What to pack for a visit to Sedona
I stuffed loads into these form of compression packing cubes. They characteristic a “compression zipper”, so that you save much more house. For those who’re flying, right here’s my favourite extremely light-weight suitcase you may both verify or keep it up.
- Hat (baseball or wide-brimmed for solar, heat winter hat for cool mornings)
- Sun shades
- Mountaineering footwear/boots or tennis footwear with sturdy soles and good socks
- Comfy pants for mountain climbing (shorts if heat climate)
- Good socks for mountain climbing
- Lengthy-sleeved and short-sleeved shirts (layering is vital)
- Puffer coat or vest if visiting throughout colder months
- Sweatshirt or fleece jacket
- Bathing swimsuit (for the new tub!)
- Day pack
- Sunscreen (stick for face, spray/cream for physique)
- Hand sanitizer
- Reusable water bottle
Groceries we purchased for a weekend in Sedona
As a result of we handled ourselves to quite a lot of lunches and dinners out, we didn’t want many groceries, and the Airbnb was stocked with some fundamentals like sugar. We purchased our groceries on the native Safeway. There’s additionally a Entire Meals, plus different native markets, on the town.
- Bagels + cream cheese
- Peanut butter packets
- Cheddar cheese
- Avocados + limes to make my easy guacamole
- Regionally made tortilla chips
- Espresso + creamer
- Granola bars
- Potato chips
- Bottled water for hikes (two of us remembered to pack reusable bottles, two of us didn’t!)
- Orange juice
Need to see extra of Arizona?
Try my put up The right way to See 7 Utah & Arizona Nationwide Parks in 6 Days for particulars on our household journey. Our stops included parks in Arizona together with Monument Valley, Lake Powell, and the Grand Canyon.